hook length / pva stick

glyn78

what is the best way to thread on a pva stick to my hooklink i tend to use my hooklink with size 8 swivels on ,which i then attach to snap swivel on a running lead , i do this with the ease of swapping and changing my hooklengths throughout the day if i wish ,is this the correct , would it be possible to pull my hooklength by the swivel through the pre-made pva stick

thanks for help in advance

you possibly could pull the swivel through but it would probably wreck the end of the stick. give it a try. as for hooklenghts that is down to your choice for what bottom you are fishing over. personally i like to use a soft braid with a stick. although i do use sticks on combi rigs and sometimes on fluro. hope that helps

doug

thanks doug for your reply will try that but do you think it would be possible to pull the swivel through , othere than that does what do you recomend for hooklink when use pva sticks

You need a baiting needle big enough to "grab" the swivel, and it can be a pain to pull through the stick.

I used to cut down a mesh boilie or wide loader and cut a slit in it. I could then put the hooklink in the mesh without much faffing about, and then simply tie the top end and tie the hooklink on

Just a suggestion for you though, even though you're using a "stick mix", you can still use pva bags, and although I've not tried it, the Fox Easy loader should work quite nicely.