Inline dropoff setups

rossmc

Is it possible to use an inline drop off lead system using flurocarbon mainline instead of the normal leadcore/leader that it always is shown with?

I think i have been getting a few pick ups but they are always getting rid of the bait before getting properly hooked as the last few trips i have had the fish on top of my bait showing, rig was presented on a nice patch of clay, a few picks ups which always result in nothing. So my plan is to use inline dropoff lead set up as the lake is still pretty heavy with weed, but i didnt want to use leadcore or any leader.

I run 16lb fluro tiger line and want to know if anyone has tried to use this setup or similar.

Cheers

Is it possible to use an inline drop off lead system using flurocarbon mainline instead of the normal leadcore/leader that it always is shown with?

I think i have been getting a few pick ups but they are always getting rid of the bait before getting properly hooked as the last few trips i have had the fish on top of my bait showing, rig was presented on a nice patch of clay, a few picks ups which always result in nothing. So my plan is to use inline dropoff lead set up as the lake is still pretty heavy with weed, but i didnt want to use leadcore or any leader.

I run 16lb fluro tiger line and want to know if anyone has tried to use this setup or similar.

Cheers

Line through a Tail Rubber, and with the plastic peg going through the inside of an inline lead push the tail rubber over the top of the plastic peg (if worried about line damage a piece of shrink tubing shrunk over the peg will provide protection), and tie the mainline to your hooklink swivel. Then push a rubber tulip bead over the swivel knot and inside the base of the inline lead. The line goes outside the lead, which will pop off if snagged.

Far safer than ever using leadcore on an inline set-up, which because it will always trail behind the rig in the event of a snap-off is NOT safe!

Well after the advice I went out and got some gear, tied one up and tested in me living room and it seems to work a treat. I got the avid inline flat leads with the correct tail rubber and the inserts for the bottom end and it all works well. Now to test on the fish! I'll let you know if the New rig solves me problem.

Cheers for the help lads