Day ticket Chichester pits

Hi All,

just wanted to know how these lakes are fishing at the moment? Ivy, East, West, Runcton etc.

Most of the rumours about the Chi pits are made up to keep people away, but i think there were a couple of genuine incidents a couple of years ago. Wanted to know if there has been any actual trouble down there lately?

I fish there a lot during the day and have never seen any trouble. I have also spoken many times to lads fishing longer sessions and they have never had problems.

Having said that, I have also heard the same rumours, and I wonder who would gain by making it up. The lakes are spread over a large area, so it may well be that staying in the "Hot" areas with a few others around would keep you safe and if you venture of somewhere away from the beaten track you could find yourself in trouble. It could also be possible that people are drunk/noisy at night and upset the locals.

Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable there on my own at night, so my rare overnighters are spent elsewhere. Partly just from the "heeby jeebies" and partly from things I have seen that hinted towards a base to the rumours. I don't really want to elaborate as it is just a bad vibe more than direct experience, and I don't want to be unfair to people who may well be entirely innocent.

I would suggest you take a look around. Perhaps fish a day (the pike are very good sport in winter) and talk to the others there, or just take a look around. Look at the complex on the map and check out the accessible areas of all the lakes, not just the main lakes off the causeway. Perhaps you will see what I saw and know exactly what I mean :wink:

Thanks for all that. Which lake do you normally fish for the carp, and which do you fish for the pike? I quite fancy a bit of piking now that October is nearly here.

East lake is traditionally easy for carp, but there have been a lot of fish moved around between lakes so I am not so sure now. For pike I usually fish the lake on the opposite side of the causeway from east - I think it is triangle, but not sure! All the lakes contain both species, so wherever has bank space and looks cosy for the day in question :)

• 1 year later...
How accessible are the swims on Runcton these days? The last time I fished it they were planning on opening the lake beyond it.....the opposite end to Vini. By the sounds of the posts about Chi' I'm guessing nothing came of those good intentions!

Still as overgrown as ever. I think Runcton's gone syndi. If it hasn't gone already it's definitely going next year.

I better chuck the chainsaw and hedge cutter in with the fishing gear! Any idea who'll be running the syndicate?

Not yet, but if/when I hear I'll PM ya. It's all getting a bit secret squirrels down there.

Do you fish down there much? I'm thinking of maybe having a little campaign on west next year, plus putting some hours in on Peckham for the big Tinca.

I've not fished at all for a good few years....Seems like not much has changed though! It's always been a bit cloak and dagger down there. Last time I was there.....Probably 10 years ago. If you tried to stop for a chat you'd just get a blank look! Great looking venue. Sounds like you know more than me. I'm definitely going to give it a go over the next year so we'll have to get together.

I used to fish Vinnatrow back in 2007/2008 and I didn't experience too much trouble. You do get some people walking around that you wouldn't want to talk to, that comes with the caravan park. The rumours put a lot of people off, which is a shame because the fishing that can be had around there is excellent. The main annoyance for me was people leaving empty bivvies to secure swims. I think that would have been sorted now with it being a syndicate and properly baliffed.

I have had cravings to get down there again but the travel is too much for me at the moment. Runcton has always tempted me.

I've not fished at all for a good few years....Seems like not much has changed though! It's always been a bit cloak and dagger down there. Last time I was there.....Probably 10 years ago. If you tried to stop for a chat you'd just get a blank look! Great looking venue. Sounds like you know more than me. I'm definitely going to give it a go over the next year so we'll have to get together.

Runcton PM sent. :wink:

there is a lake not far from me thats day water but fished by the same people on a regular basis its in a bit of a notorious area, when i fished it the first time i had a load of youths just keep throwing rocks in so i just packed up, the next time this random bloke in camo gear came and sat by me, it was like a spanish inquisition just as he was about to leave he informed me that he was top dog on this pool and that i was ok to carry on fishing.. i wonder how common this is?

there is a lake not far from me thats day water but fished by the same people on a regular basis its in a bit of a notorious area, when i fished it the first time i had a load of youths just keep throwing rocks in so i just packed up, the next time this random bloke in camo gear came and sat by me, it was like a spanish inquisition just as he was about to leave he informed me that he was top dog on this pool and that i was ok to carry on fishing.. i wonder how common this is?

Blimey, sounds worse than Chi. Did you ever go back?

No never went back, their welcome to it and all the stolen fish in there

No never went back, their welcome to it and all the stolen fish in there

Paki Bobs' by any chance?