Stanborough lakes hertfordshire

phill9377

Get there early and try and get the swims nearest the end with the boats! It is deffo the most productive part of the lake.

Fish pva bags to one spot build up a bed as no spodding allowed, i tend to use big baits to try and avoid the bream, But speak to Gerald the baliff he we let you know what baits working well ect.

And DON'T forget plenty of change as tickets are purchased along with car park tickets from a ticket machine tha takes coins only

i fish stanborough lakes quite alot (well used to but have just started going back there) and the swim that most people try to fish is the first swim nearest the tackle barn there. i have had my PB there at 18 and a half LB. if you manage to get that swim, fish right up tight to the weeds on the right hand side.

however i have been looking around the lake up the far end (if you look from the car park, its end farest away from you.) and i have seen some very nice swims with some carp rolling and jumping. it is a bit of a walk to them but if you dont mind the walk then might be worth trying up there next time you go, thats what ill be doing.

how did it go when you went last week mate?