day fishing saturday...

hi all

Me and a buddy are looking to fish this coming saturday on a day ticket. Want to try and up our personal bests so want to target the bigger boys. Curently looking at either longleat, coking farms or revels. We usually fish todbers wadmill lake but want a change. have tried cokings long lake but we are interested in the lakes with the larger fish in. I know ideally we need a 24 hour session but its not feesable at the mo. which out of the above would you pick for a day to get the most from, or is there somewhere else in that are that you would suggest?

Thanks guys

whereabouts in the UK are you located, and how far are you willing to travel?

Also are you able to make it a mid-week session, as most of the day ticket waters with the sort of fish you're after get very busy on the weekends, and as a result tend to slow down a bit, so you're better off going mid week when it all calms down a little.

oh OK, I don't know Dorset very well, so I can't really help you there, sorry!

As for keeping the missus happy, I don't bother, I find living with her more fun when she's annoyed, so I go out of my way to irritate her :P but then I am an evil git like that :twisted:

Where ever you go Saturday, have fun!!

Best of luck with your new PB :D

ha ha, cheers my man. i dont think it will be too hard to beat mine...would be ace to beat it with a 20 though!!! one can dream!

Can indeed! I'm still hunting for my first 20 also! but with a PB of 10 I'd be more than happy with an 11, 12 lol!

If I'm honest, i can't remember the weight of my PB, it was caught about 10 years ago and I've not fished much since until this season! I think it's somewhere around the 18 mark, but I'm not certain, so I've started from scratch this season! still yet to land anything lol! maybe tomorrow will prove to be my lucky day :D

My PB is only 11lb, and I've tried hard to beat it this year, and so far no good :D

I've come close with a 10lb back in April but then rest have being between 5-8lb. But this year I decided not to fish to beat my PB intentionally but of I did it would be nice, I decided to learn about carp more than anything, so I've fished a little lake about 1-2 acres in size full of carp mainly single figures with some doubles and one 20lber and a couple of small sturgeon which has being alot of fun, but just found my lake for next year, and it's basically if I get a run it's getting a new PB, but it's getting the run that will be a problem.

Anyway, if you go this weekend and don't catch a new PB, don't be disheartened, as it's not as easy as it's made out to be.

Ross :)

I think most people like to get out there and sit on the bank and enjoy the peace and quiet, because i love doing that.

And as you say, even if you blank, you will still have had an enjoyable day.

In my eyes, when i go fishing, if i catch a fish, then its a bonus to the day itself. Its great to be "at one" with nature.

Hope you find yourself a nice quiet lake this weekend and catch that PB your after, will have to let us no how you get on :)

speaking to my mate and i think if we can still get a couple of pegs we are going to hit the woodland specimen lake at coking. if not, head to the top lake at longleat. will hopefully be updateing with a catch report!

cheers guys

oh and anyone that has been there recently would be gret to know what pegs have been catching

speaking to my mate and i think if we can still get a couple of pegs we are going to hit the woodland specimen lake at coking. if not, head to the top lake at longleat. will hopefully be updateing with a catch report!

cheers guys

oh and anyone that has been there recently would be gret to know what pegs have been catching

Back of the landing net, search on YouTube, they live in dorset and fish lake round there, one of there last ones was at longleat, check it out, he blanked but gives good information on the lake