Earlswood Lakes Warning

slick1

Hi all, just in case anyone is planning a trip to Earlswood Lake in the next couple of weeks my advice is don't bother, i got up at 5.00am today for a days fishing, arrived and set up at water, first run 9.00am resulting in 9lb mirror but here's the problem, it wasn't until i tried to get fish in that i realised all wan't well, i was well aware that the water level was down by at least 7 to 8 feet but didn't realise there was less than 2 feet left !! Had to wade out 15 yds to land fish and then back to release. started checking depth with marker float and weight and found just over 2 feet in middle by island, 1st island actually has dry land to one side, pegs 30 to 35. only area with anything over 3 feet is down by dam wall but this is closed for repair hence the drop in levels.

Hopefully this may save a few others from wasting a day for the next few weeks until work is completed and levels are allowed to rise again.

100_0420.jpg

100_0415.jpg

100_0414.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Otherside of the lake mate :wink: two large gravel humps with a silt gully in the middle (still damp even after having had no water on it for ages) also by the small concrete bridge by the inlet to the stream its about 9ft deep 9ft out in a big inlet channel/hole. Also on the dam wall about 5ft out is a completly smooth manmade path about 6ft wide going from one side of the lake to the other - all these areas are usually well covered in water and great features (not to mention the ones by the water inlet from terry's pool :wink: