Shrink Tube Or No Shrink Tube

morkey11

sort of the same thinking as me about the rigs, the simpler the better maybe ??

Without doubt, Morkey.

Far less chance of detail problems. I can't be doing with unnecessary twiddly bits.

Almost forgot. Welcome to this cracking forum, mate.

Ian

nice one Ian although ive been on here for years but this is a new account so.... :)

I like to keep things simple myself, my rigs usualy consist of either leadcore or tubing, lead clip and then just a simple rig with maybe abit of putty. I try to keep everything the same sort of colour if i can to.

• 5 weeks later...

For braided or coated braid which is stripped near the hook, after watching some fish manage to eject very easily an "uncovered" knotless knotted hook I switched back to a line aligner, normally using Shrink tube, but it can be just as effective with silicon tube :wink:

When it comes to very supple mono I may well use silicon tubing to create that line aligner. If I use stiffer hooklinks, then I use tubing to cover the knot, the hook is tied on rather than knotless knotted.

I don't believe in the current fashion for a kicker as such, I prefer the line aligner set-up, normally simply following the shank of the hook, its curve or straightness.