In pursuit of the largest - Terry Hearn

mattgroves

Read this on holiday this year.

While I respect Terry as an angler, I wasn't expecting much from the book, kind of a easy holiday read...

Well, how wrong I was...

In pursuit of the largest (IPOTL) is great.

Terry really draws you into his obsession (which I didn't fully appreciate until reading this!!) and if I could convince my wife to read it she might appreciate how lucky she is! 5 or 6 nights a month is one thing, 150 nights a year is quite another!!!!

IPOTL isn't a technical/tactical book, it's a collection of stories and anecdotes of Terry's early carping, covering his time at Yateley among other venues.

Obviously I am deeply jealous of Terry being able to fish full time after departing RM, even though he covers the hours spent and the effort he has put in, it still appears at time to be remarkable simple!

The main thing this book did for me was to fuel my own little obession :wink:

The guest chapters range in quality, but all are all short enough that they don't detract from the rest of the book.

i have got this myself but for some reason cant get into it which is strange because everyone says what an easy read it is. i tead terry hearns a flick of the tale and loved it but went straight in IPOTL so this could be why. i will have to try again soon cause AFOTT AND INPTL are the 2 books i wanted to read