Google Earth

Did you know there is an feature on it that you can map distances and yardages, so you can work out where's fishable from where. :wink:

that feature is awesome, used it to check out all lakes before I visit, and also sometimes its better to go back a few years to see if it shows up any different features of the lakes

Bowza

I'm gonna be using it a lot more, for instance one of the lakes I was looking at fishing, the GE pic shows lots of little islands and bars when the water level was a lot lower and not opened as a carp fishery. The aerial pics on their website however show none of these features apart from two little islands so either they levelled it out (doubt it) or my little extra research could pay dividends when I visit there :wink:

I think GE is a very useful tool for anglers and one thats under used by many and with the added advantage of the yardage thing like Cob mentioned you could be on a feature say 10/15 yards further out than you'd normally fish and not even know was there all because of an outdated aerial photo. Brilliant!