Pretty Pigs Shuttington Tamworth Carp Fishing Advice Sought!

tamworth taz if you only live 2 mins away from the birchmoore stretch its worth a look at the lamb waters. the one behind the locked gate then the river next to it. plus birch moor is very cheap for a ticket so you might aswell join both clubs.

Cheers Pineapple

Lamb have silly rules when I last enquired 1 rod Etc plus quite pricey at 60.00 per year I think. Not bad if your going regulary tho....

Ill give Kevin at Tam tackle a d=shout and see what the crack is now...I hear those Lamb waters are tough? Adds to the challege mind.

so i was'nt just seeing thing's!!! there were fish on them photo's at 30lb i would say. i would say that it would be better to fish off the opposite bank to the road. do you know who controls that bank? :?

777 - Birchmoor operate that bank - Direct enquiries to the respectful working mens club. A local Tackle shop should have the details tel etc... Maybe see you there..?

hi all, spoke to kev in tamworth tackle the other day and he sed birchmoor ac have gone bust i think it mite be tru coz i went and piked the pretty pigs seen no souls but seen a coulpe off carp roll 2wards the river.

Nice One Ginger Pike -

Were the Carp showing theigs end or the far end??/ I might have a go sat depending on the Sun?

as ive sed i walked into tam takle and over heard kev and somewone else talkin about the prety pigs water and asked if there wewre meny fish cumin out (as i new from expeerisence that birchmoor ac ownded the place)and he replied 'weve bin trying to work out who ownes the pretty pigs water because birchmoor have gone bust' i belive its true because i piked it the other week and never seen a sole i was there all day.

you wanna question kev at tam takle,

id hurry up and fish it becuse it will not be fishable soon because it will be classed as running water and sum 1 will buy the place.

the crp were rolling on the far bank and towards the river

tight lines all. :lol::lol:

• 8 months later...

hi all. anyone got anyinfo on who owns this lake yet. also as anyone got more info on the bottom lake by the traffic light and bridge. i went piking down there this morning for a few hours and over the other side of the bank there was a few bivvys set up. it did say birchmoor owned it on a board nailed to a tree, a few tree's had fallen down and access to the pegs was dificult so guesing knowone owns it still.

• 2 years later...

Just to carry on the thread incase theres anyone thinking about giving this soul destroying venue a go!

Its hard - Really hard - Made impossible vitually by a nasty algae bloom that last s well into late september. This renders the lake unfishable. The only place to put a bait in is where the river runs or did ruN in the lake...

I like a challenge but cripes ! Ive had good tench - god bream =- nets full on the pole and feeder - But carping - You really need to put the hours in and bait up a few areas... Ive had 2 now - yep in as many years!

I have to say - i havnt seen many caught either? Ive joined the lamb! does anyone on here fish the nearby shutty lakes and cov ;lakes??

I don't think you can call it hard?...I joined and only managed 1 session on the main lake with 3carp upto 21lb and both bream and tench to 7lb. maybe i was just lucky?

I only did the one session (which was an over nighter) as around 2am a car got burnt-out in the car park. luckily it wasn't my car as i got the wife to drop me off.

In summary i would say as an occasional water it's fine good looking strong fighting carp in peacefull surroundings...just no night's for me after my experience.

I know a lot of regulars on the lake and its generally agreed to be tough venue - but it does have its moments.. It s peggy fopr the carp - Ive known good anglers spend weeks and have none to perhaps 2 fish to show for it! You must have hit it just right - fair play!

I didnt hear about the flaming car business - Theres combination locks on the gates to stop vehicles getting stolen - but nothing in the world can stop some crackpot arsonist ! Weird - certainly isnt a regular thing - so give the place another try soon Ziplead

or just give it a day sesh maybe...Where were you pegged and what carpark was it? cheers

Alright taz. the burnt-out car was up the lane on the bend. Like i said i only fished there the once and that was in the orchard swim (i think) opposit bank from pretty pigs infront of the island. maybe i was lucky and hit it right i'll never know as i will not be returning. much better waters in and around tamworth some more expensive and some free!!

Ive just got back from a 48 hour sesh on Shutty lake - Just bream and tench to show for our efforts!

Hey Zip - I know a few lakes (some Secret 'No money needed'gems in tamworth too)....

my next session is Elford quarry - Got a good head of doubles around 300 fish or so... Prob up there on Saturday