Willows Lakes, St Albans

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just used a simple method feeder and boilie and fished opposite the two islands.

I fished as close to the islands as I could but with no success :(. Im probs going to go back to the Match lake at the weekend as iv caught most times when iv fished there....but who knows with the water levels at the mo!

I've been on the match lake next to to the bit that that sticks out half way for 6 hours, had one that was prob few pounds got off line and just had decent size carp, prob late teens that was just about to land when line snapped! I'm here till sunday so I hope my luck turns. Asked around and few carp and that come out today on match lake (if You can work it out from farm lake as they are now one). Should hopefully be good this weekend if u are coming (and if u find my partially red tent can always get a free bacon sarny off me haha)

Using few diferent things. One that seems to be getting the car (well one LOL) is scopes boilies on a stringer. Been dead all day though, one guy at other end of match lake said he caught a break at 7 but that was all. Hopefully pick up later.

Pop over say hi if u do come down as I'll be on my tod by then, tent with red bits on match lake.

Thank you for the good luck, unfortunately was dead yesterday all day. I saw one person get something but he had the same bad luck as me the other night as his line snaped. I've taken a few photos so when I get home and work out how I shall add them on here so you can see how the lake looks now and the 2 (so sad only 2) I caught.

OK i've tried but no idea how to get images on here (probably me being stupid). If want to see some pics of the flooded lake and/or the fish i pulled out over the weekend either let me how to add photos or let me know u want to see and ill send try to u.

stay away from the place its a dump . look at the fish all scabs and marks on them . didnt that place bring some deisese to coln vally area :wink: just make sure you pay at ticket machine in £1 coins or the balliffs sting you surcharge extra £5 if you pay on bank . the place is a total hole full of rubbish every where all poles running the place now the farm has took over at the bottom of farm lake . just remember if you fish there you will need to disenfect your line as alot of club waters around that area will not let you fish there lakes if they find you have been there