Runs waters in hertfordshire or Surrey

Hi all

I'm looking to take a mate of mine fishing with me this weekend or the next. I'm looking for a decent runs water somewhere in either hertfordshire or surrey (have looked on past posts e.t.c but couldnt find anything)

Just looking for a place where he (we) can get a bend in the rod as he has been with me a couple of times during the early spring on some big lakes (willows, rib valley) & as the fishing was pretty tough going we both blanked for several days! Dont think its doing the enthuasim much good :(

If there was the possiblity of some bigger fish (for me :wink: )then that would be great but not essential as its better to get him catching & learning than sitting there blanking!

Any help would be much appreciated!

If your just fishing the day the give stanborough lake a go. I have had some good carp to low to mid 20 and have caught up to 18 or so carp in a day all doubles so not a bad shout :D Theres always Holwell Hyde if you want to do a night or so BUT...... you will find one or two nice carp in there but most are like mutants due to bad fish care. But you will catch a lot of double figure carp....