Chod rig

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have seen different versions of the chod rig in magazines and what not. I want to give the chod rig a go. what is the best and safest version of the chod rig ?? leadcore or no leadcore ?? I just dont want to be using an unsafe rig which the carp want would'nt be able to ditch if i had a crack off. thanks guys :D

the main thing with chods is that the top bead will slip off the leader/leadcore with very little resistence.this will allow just the "chod" link to be attached to the fish if you have a line breakage.hope that helps,ian.

Guest Anonymous

right i see, how do you semi fix the bead into position on a flurocarbon leader because my bead wont fit on it snugly it sort of free runs up and down ?? :?

right i see, how do you semi fix the bead into position on a flurocarbon leader because my bead wont fit on it snugly it sort of free runs up and down ?? :?
experiment with different sizes of rig tubing until one fits on line then push bead on to small piece of that tubing.also i think you can buy beads to fit flourocarbon .

Guest Anonymous

cheers buddy, i will give that a go. if not i think i will try and stick a korda sinker on the leader and push the bead up on it. I just want it to stay on the leader withou moving but when a fish snas the line the chod hooklink it's self topush the bead off !! cheers :)

Do you need to use a chod rig? what type of lake bed will you be fishing over?

If you find your self using leadcore, google terry hearns video on you tube or on esp website!

if you go for the much safer option of using a synthetic leader you can use a piece of shrink tube where the bead sits, then slide bead onto shrink tube so that it will still pull free, but best advice would be to rethink your rig and go with a SAFE rig

A whole thread devoted to "Chod" rigs, and boy do I hate that name still:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=36456

When there is an existing thread it is easy enough to post on it to get up to date information :wink:

Even more so when it is in the Carp Fishing Stickies section for regularly asked or repeated questions :wink:

I've done a copy and paste :!: