Nar valley fisheries

Its 150 for nights. Cats in pit 1 and 4. Carp up to an alleged 35lbish in big lake but they apparently came out of the cabin only lake. Massive bream as well. Season ended end of march and starts again June 1st. Had a day ticket (50 quid) last season and didnt even go through the gate because i spent my time on bradmoor.

Get tickets from anglers corner in kings lynn, think the shop in wisbechistan does them as well, and kevs in swafham.

They limit the amount of night tickets but there are normally loads spare.

Its a nice enough place and i had a couple of fun seasons fishing pit one and dabling on Geneva, but i much prefer braddy. Geneva is stupidly weedy, almost to the point of unfishable. How they managed to cram 10 or so swims into 35 acres il never know.

6 lakes in total. By sound of it many hold upper doubles to 30+. Geneva a big water with unknowns. Complex record was apparently a new fish. Only prob is weed in Geneva gets really heavy and hard to punch through or find silt patches. Waiting for my permit to come thro and once season open am targeting Geneva for a 30+. Have info on lakes that Chris emailed me, will dig them out when home and PM you.

• 3 months later...

hi guys just joined and thought id give a bit more info on nar valley.

its my forth year at the complex and let me say i absolutley love it.its peacefull and secure with some cracking wildlife.the lakes themselves are pretty straight forward carp lakes apart from no4 and 6 which do not hold carp.lake 1 holds carp to 30lb i myself have had a 29lb1oz common from this lake 3 weeks ago along with a 18lb 6 oz one as well.last year on a 3 day session i managed 9 fish to 21lb and lost 6 from this lake.The big lake no 5 is a cracking lake with carp to just over 36 lb but is rumoured to have thrown out a near 38lb back end of last season so i dont think it will be long before a 40 shows.The lake can get weedy BUT people who put the effort in will be rewarded with some crackin fish,its not a easy lake but find the fish and some good areas you will catch.last weekend i managed a 23lb 9 oz common along with a 9lb 10oz bream.look for the fish to show and cast a bait to them and you will catch.Mainline cell gets a good number of fish and they do like a bit of bait. Some good bream and tench along with some cracking rudd and roach,pike also presant but do not get fished for that much.anyone thinking about joining really should as its a great place to be with some cracking fish.tight lines

Any rig will catch really the big thing with this lake is finding clear spots spend time locating as there are many sand bars gravel spots and suchlike also a couple of gullys that they like to patrol.the best advice I can give is spend time looking for fish and talk to other anglers there a good crowd down here and a little bit of info can be a big help.my first year at the place I only had 2 carp to show for it and for 3 nights once a fortnight that's not a lot.I persevered and catch quite consistently now my 4th season and already had a near 30 a 23 and a 18.5 along with some nice bream to near 10lb.keep at it mate the rewards are there if you make the effort .

i just want to add to what pearbo has said previously in this thread.the weed can be a bit of a problem on geneva but dont be afraid to fish in the lighter stuff afterall they do feed in it due to the water snails.the swims are not packed in as i think pearbo is trying to sugest the lake is 36 acres in size and all pegs are quite comfortably spaced,there is always plenty of water to fish at.I myself use a simple knotless rig with just a bit of rubber tubing on the hook that keeps the hair in line with the hooklink, for most of my fishing,if weed is presant in my swim ill use longer hooklinks or sometimes ill opt for a chod rig or stiff combi rig and light weights.

lake 1 is weed free and has a gravel bar with carp to 30(at the moment) cats to 23 and a good head of bream etc.

lake 2 is just roach tench etc great for a day of maggot drowning

lake 3 is small but deep with 18ft in places also has carp to near 30 with bream tench etc,this lake is a good lake but can be a bit hard at times

lake 4 cats to 23 bream tench roach but is said not to hold any carp yet ive seen them crashing out but never caught them.

lake 5 is geneva with a good head of all species as you know know

and lake 6 is a silverfish pond i think but i dont know because ive never fished it.

anyone thinking of joining should get their names down for a ticket £150 a season is nothing when theres a good chance of a close 40 coming out very soon. considering you would pay nearly this much to fish bluebells at tansor and probably blank i think its well worth it.

the 35 was in the evening,10 mins or so after spotting a few fish and casting at them!! the 30 was around 3am,but i didnt get a decent pic as it was spawnbound and was milking out on my mat so i slipped it back asap!

bear in mind this is my first season on nar valley and was my second cast into geneva!! first cast on my other rod i lost a big common :lol:

heres the 35lb

Photo0180.jpg[/img]

i had planned on lake 1,but as i passed there i spotted them,put single hookbaits out at them. i lost a big common within 10 mins of getting there,buried in the reeds. then before i had time to re tie a rig the other tore off,that was the 35. i had the 30 leather around 3.30am,then lost another around 6am! was an awsome night,not many 8hr sessions like that!