Fox Armamesh Knot for tight nugget?

shanners

Hiya,

can anyone suggest a knot, or a way to tie the simple granny knot, so that I can get a nice tight mini-bag using Fox Armamesh. I just can't seem to get my knot flush to the contents of the bag (if you know what i mean).

It always seems to sit a few millimetres away from the paste/etc.

I've watched the youtube clip, http://youtu.be/DkX6ZoknV6o

and at 6:01 he does some ninja-action with his hands, but I cant seem to emulate it.

This makes me look thick, but help def needed with this one. Love this product.

Shanners. :o)

as I am used to using pva mesh tubing , at first I know what you mean about getting the knot close and tight, but with a little practice I can now make very tight presentations, a like them tight after watching one in the margin on a cold morning, explode as the pva melts and distribute i nice spread of offerings

so practice, its all about sliding the knot tight down to the bait, or as in the video up to the bait, try different ways of holding the parcel to ease the use

Bowza

as I am used to using pva mesh tubing , at first I know what you mean about getting the knot close and tight,

Yeah, this is exactly what I mean - it's the same principal as with pva mesh tubing. I'll just have to try and practice with a cork ball or something. Def want that knot tight-as to the bait... And also, the less knots the better.

I think the double overhand idea is great for another thing I've been thinking of - using Armamesh baits with a cork ball inside on a CHOD/Anti-Eject rig. You could tie it straight round the d-ring... Hmm... interesting!

I simply can't get an overhand knot down tight to the end of (pva) mesh, down to badly mishaped past broken fingers. So instead of pulling it down tight, I cut a notch from the top of the filling to the end of the mesh outwards (if that makes sense), and then double overhand knot the mesh. The 1st knot pulls into the top of the filling and then the second knot secures it.