Pine Pool Kingsbury Water Park

Hi everyone, new to the forum, searched around it enough and have seen some info on Pine Pool but all from last year so i thought i'd start a thread for this season.

Going to be doing a bit of fishing on Pine Pool this season, have walked around it a couple of times and have a general idea of how to approach it. The marker float shows no clear spots whatsoever so i'm just going to fish on top of the weed.

Has anyone fished it yet this year? If so how have you got on? Looking to have a session next Wednesday.

Cheers, Patrick

Be careful in there as there is some very light coloured weed that looks like clear spots and are actually bad places to put a bait....

There is a rubbing spot on the road bank in the double swim with the wooden lake marker in it, on the far left hand side and approx 6-8ft out in front on the bushes, lots of large lumps use that spot for rubbing against the gravel and the stick......

There are plenty of good places to fish in there and the fish do move about a bit especially away from angling pressure...

A solid pva bag works very well even if it is cast into the weed....

The fish from there are stunning, very dark lumps and the commons are mint.... I have have about 12 different 20's from there in past years and some good double to boot...

All baits work in there, but i have done better on Cell.....

Best of luck to all that gets the chance to fish it....

If you are about in the next few weeks there is a BCAC Qualifier on there, well worth a look (although I have got a different qualifier this year)

Be careful in there as there is some very light coloured weed that looks like clear spots and are actually bad places to put a bait....

There is a rubbing spot on the road bank in the double swim with the wooden lake marker in it, on the far left hand side and approx 6-8ft out in front on the bushes, lots of large lumps use that spot for rubbing against the gravel and the stick......

Is that the same stick that is directly in front of the swim in the corner of the road bank?

The double swim your talking about on the road bank, is that the one with the red rubber ring on a post?

• 1 month later...

fished pine pool today for the first time. Had a nighmare with weed! stuff is everywhere and really thick in some places. Switched onto swann lake as weed is ok on there but got pestered by ducks and gulls whenever i cast and almost impossible to throw any bait out as they dive straight down for it. unfortunately a duck dived and had my bait. It put up one hell of a struggle but managed to net it and release without too much damage. switched back to pine but no joy. All in all it was a mare of a day. Think pine is a place you need to do some homework before fishing.

• 2 months later...

I've been to pine 3 times now, it's a great little pit with some interesting features......

There are huge clear areas in the weed and all very fishable...

Unfortunately the weather has been very un British, and been very hot which has had the fish in a lethargic mood, on the up side they are very easy to spot......and spent most of Sunday watching 3 groups of fish up to 10 in the group patrolling the margins and islands.......

Sadly they weren't interested in feeding just lazing in the sun, but I did see a lot of fat wackers and sweet they were too........ :D