doncaster

• 1 month later...

eyup pal, am inbetween barnsley and doni, to be honest mate in the last 4-5 years of me carp fishing i have travelld about pal nothing really any decent around our way, most places filled with idiots and all the decent places are sydicates that you must have a gold pig and a flying carrot to get on the waiting list. but if you do find anything, let me know lol. where about in doni you moving mate ? could hook you up with one or two half decent waters around out area if you drive... also do you match fish, or carp (specimen) only ?

• 4 weeks later...

Some people joke that the best thing about Doncaster is the motorway out of it - and its true !

Loads of ponds around here - i moved from Bedfordshire where i had pits to myself and at first i was gutted but you adapt. Down there a 20 was nothing special - up here it is. Loads of water around as they are taking gravel and sand out all over the place so looks good for the future.

Back to the motorway - a1 north - 2 mins M1 - 5 mins M18 - 2 mins - you can get to loads of venues under 1 hour without any traffic

Match fishing is prolific up here and there are some venues that would do fantastic if they adapted it to Specimin carp but often our bait / rigs are banned. ie Candycorner - looks nice but polebashers turf - a shame - id happily mix in and i think the owners are missing an opportunity. Also canals all over and many untouched.

You will be fine ! :D