Ok guys ive had enough now

clegg

Hi peeps

I've had enough now of waiting to go fishing for carp, basically where I live the weather is getting better getting upto about 12 degrees Celsius. I'm going to fish at shearwater lake which is very big and very deep and probably going to spend a night there, does anyone have any tips apart from wrapping up warm? Is it worth me going or is it a bit crazy fishing in feb??

I went a couple of weeks ago temp was about 5 deg fully expecting to blank ... Fishing buddy pulled out a lovely high teen common and although I didn't catch carp I was the king of bream ... There are fish to be caught ..

Use a good winter bait ( there's a thread on here somewhere but I'm on my phone and it's a bit tricky to link to it ) chilli is your friend IMO .

And ideally take someone like me with you distract the bream from your hook bait so u can find the carp :wink:

I'm out again on Sunday ( his turn to be on bream duty )

My buddy scored on a pellet ( halibut ) jazzed with some chilli corn on a longish hair bottom bait rig with a small pva mesh with a strongly flavoured mix.

Can't help you with the zig ive not had much joy there myself although they do have results for others apparently

Compare notes after the weekend ?