Inworth Grange, CAPS AKA Martins Top Pit

theloner

hi all, after any info on Inworth Grange on the CAPS ticket, i've read the websites info, interested to know the experiences of anyone who has fished it either now, or before it was a CAPS water

How difficult?

Average fish size?

Is it busy midweek?

What is the security like?

any other info you dont mind sharing, by PM if you prefer thanks

i cant give much info on it as i only fished it a few of times tbh, but i had fish to 25lb7oz not sure how big they go to but i loved the lake and if i stayed in caps i would have fished it all the times but to many morons in the club causing trouble tbh. the bottom is like an egg box very up and down. they are really up for a surface bait in there in the summer, i found the far end near the damn wall the best area for a surface bait. tbh, although i hate the club and think a lot of members need kicking out i never see any problems on inworth, most problems were on bovvi 1 and 2 amd houchins. go for inworth you wont be disappointed mate

As already stated the bottom is a bit up and down! we did have a big problem with weed in their a few years backs and the club has spent alot of time having it removed. we did loose a couple of fish last year mainly due to lack of oxygen but work has been carried out so it shouldn't be a problem any more.

it's normally very quiet up their as the track puts alot of people off although you may experience some noise from the local kids on friday nights messing about in the fields behind. their are some lovely looking fish in their upto the upper 20lb mark.

register yourself on the official forum and ask a few questions you never know someone may help you out a bit more :wink:

All the best

Dan

thanks chaps, am looking for a quiet lake where i can winkle a few 20's. sounds good, but i heard from a mate that CAPS is going up tp £90 for a yr plus £40 for nights, £130???? thats a big hike from last years price aint it??? unless i was misinformed!!

your mate is nearly correct £93 adult ticket £40 night ticket , still good value for money when you have the choice of 17 still waters the chance of numorous 40's lots of 30's and loads and loads of 20's all for 37p a day !

not to mention some very nice sections of river !

thanks chaps, am looking for a quiet lake where i can winkle a few 20's. sounds good, but i heard from a mate that CAPS is going up tp £90 for a yr plus £40 for nights, £130???? thats a big hike from last years price aint it??? unless i was misinformed!!

your mate is nearly correct £93 adult ticket £40 night ticket , still good value for money when you have the choice of 17 still waters the chance of numorous 40's lots of 30's and loads and loads of 20's all for 37p a day !

so it's £133 a season now?

it will be come renewal time !

it will be come renewal time !

dont get me wrong, that is still good value for money but caps just aint for me after 2 or 3 years in it. i also hear they have another 3 waters coming up? any truth in it do you know?