Lancashire Waters

Ive never fished it myself to be honest. i have heard good and bad things about it though ( like any water i suppose ).

They are supposed to be shy biters but if you get the method right you can make a quite decent catch.

Other waters you might wanna try are Lakemore, sale water park, Four seasons, Llyn Gweryd, Mescar, Rosemary wood ( all of these are within 1 - 1 1/2 hours of you at most )

Also the Liverpool park lakes are always worth a shout ( and its free fishing ). With some of them having 30's in them.

Although i have heard stories of a lot of the bigger fish dying over the winter due to the council not bothering to get off there ar$£ and break the ice as the lakes we frozen for about 3 weeks.

Im not sure how true these stories are only time will tell !!! :shock:

Im going to go and look at the Hudsdons farm fishery and possibly that Cockerham Quarry up near St Michaels on Wyre.

Thanks guys for the suggestions ill keep them in mind. Gutted you lived in Darwen thats were i am .... whats this place in Rochdale is it night fishing?

Cheers

pendle.............a mate of mine fished it a years ago and hated every moment wont go into specific details but he wont be going back, and i wont be trying it at all

Have to agree, Pendle is not the place it used to be, I was a regular there till

the new owner came in, last three visits was nothing but hassle, I got the impression they just wanted your money. Read other comments about PV else where on this forum.

Yeah Nath give us a PM when your next up this way and ill see what my diary has in store for me and meet ya there no probs!!!

Thanks guys for the info on pendle i was going to give it a go but not now i suppose you got to go with the comment 'dont knock it until youve tried it' but its put me off big style.

I may go to that cockerham fisheries just up the road from little wyreside, borwick fisheries looks pretty good and Heywood fisheries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i went for a walk around last week. This was the first time i had been there and was immediatly impressed by the way it is run. The owner was nothing but nice gave me plenty of info also spoke to a few regulars there and allthough they were struggling they seemed to be happy. What you must remember is that a fishery and a few days fishing there is all what you make it. One lad had forgotten his pod so asked the owner if he could borrow a couple of banksticks for his time there, the owner lent him HIS pod and alarms. I can tell you this ive never been to a fishery where the owner would lend his own stuff out. I seem to think that a lot of people moaning about this place havent been for a while or have been and blanked and are blaming the fishery the owner or the stock of fish for their poor fishing. Only look in the cafe to see the size and quality of the fish. Oh and on the cafe what a brekkie that was for under a fiver and they deliver to the peg so no havin to take load of food for a few days

• 2 weeks later...