my write up for lake genesis. with a few pics

Gaz

Just had a look on the website and read all your post on how good this lake is. i really want to fish here. but what package does everyone go for? drive and survive or the food package? and how long do people tend to go for? i was looking at a week. some really good fish well done everyone!

Go for the whole package including food. After a week you'll leave a few pounds heavier, the meals are great and plenty on the plate. Other places we have gone to we have usually had a bite to eat between breakfast and dinner, not the case here... no need cos we haven't felt hungry.

We went last year for a week and going again this year for two weeks. The facilities are unbeatable and spotlessly clean and Eddy & Val are superb hosts. Once you go here you'll go back.

• 3 weeks later...

Got to agree with mikeshe,go for the food as well,you wont regret it i'm sure.We was there last year and we are going again in a couple of weeks(13th april).The lake is absolutely stunning,it stinks of carp as soon as you look at it,all the swims are very well maintained and full of features, plenty of room too.The actual fishing for us was unbelievable,the food was great,beautiful lake, top class hosts,sensible rules and loads of hard fighting carp.All in all, its makes it an experience you want to repeat,roll on the 13th april!!....good luck wherever you go, but genesis is defo one to consider if it's your first french trip. Have fun ......John :D

• 1 month later...

Four of us just back from Genesis and I have to say it is one of the nicest lakes run by two of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. Eddy and Val are superb hosts and Val's cooking (we had the food package) is the stuff dreams are made of. The lake is secluded bar a couple of farm houses and we harldy seen a soul whilst we were there.

The weather was absolutely dreadful, it was dire. Theres not enough words to describe the weather but although it slowed the fishing down the lake still produced 4 x 30's (biggest being 34.14lb mirror which was landed at the same time as a 33lb mirror to the lad fishing next to me, 2 30's in the swim at 2am at the same time was chaos . That was the second double hook up we had the other was a 34.4lb common and a mid 20 mirror. Between us all we had another 14 x 20's and 3 high doubles. We only fished Saturday to Wednesday evening as well so not a bad haul considering it was only 4.5 days and the weather conditions.

All in all we would recommend Gensis to anyone, great lake, awesome looking fish and two amazing hosts, what more could you ask for. :D:D [/img]

Hi Niall,

nice to hear you enjoyed yourselves at genesis,lovely place ain't it?.The weather certainly was horrendous to say the least,when we left you at genesis it never stopped raining till we got to calais!,so we knew you was gonna have it a bit rough with the weather.Good to see you got a few 30's on the bank but i'm sure we would have all done better had the weather been with us.I think we're booking for next year,but perhaps a little later in the year(if we can wait that long), we love the place, the only thing wrong with genesis is that i don't live there!.Well done with your catches in what really were difficult conditions and glad to hear you enjoyed val's legendary cooking and the warm hospitality that genesis welcomes you with,(plus catching carp is a real bonus!!).

take care now...john :):)

Hi John,

Glad you arrived back safely. Yeah beautiful place and Eddy and Val are superb. Were probably going to book again for next year but the same as you maybe a little later on. The weather really was awful but as they say a days fishing is better than any day at work :D

Thanks for the info it worked a treat, really appreciated the heads up. It was nice to meet you guys and we'll see you on the bank some time soon. When we book I'll drop you a PM.

Take care mate & tight lines, Niall

best carp out so far was a 37lb 2 oz mirror followed by a 36lb 4 oz and then 14 other 30's , 79, 20 to 30lbs almost half of that being upper 20's,and 45 doubles most being 15 to 20 lb'ers

thats for 14 anglers over the past few weeks and considering the lousy weather I think the guys have done very well ,,,, good on ya boys and thanks for the words of encouragement.