what rigs and presentations to use with pop ups?

samcfc

hi everyone,

my local lake seemed to have slowed down on bites, so i was thinking of trying hi-viz pop ups, but what sort of presentaion should i use the chod rig?hinged stiff rig? simple rig just stick a some putty on it to pin it down?

the list could go on. what we would you use in your opinion?

any help much appreciated

cheers

sam

Would only use hinged stiff rig on a hard bottom because of the stiff materials. I would also only use the chod rig on choddy bottoms. If you like i could tie up and post some pictures of my favourite pop-up presentation? Its suitable for all bottoms and is now the only rig I use for my pop-up fishing, in fact you could use it for 100% of your fishing. My problem with pop-ups is that on a standard knotless knot rig if a fish pick it up from behind the hook, the hook will go in backwards and possibly not be as effective in the hooking.

I always look on pop-up rigs as for fish that PICK UP the hookbait (Please note, MY view, not necessarily always correct :wink: ).

You can make any standard rig a pop-up rig, simply by attaching a pop-up hookbait and adding a piece of putty, shot or sinker to hold it down.

In fact, you can use any hi-viz or hi-attract pop-up bait as a bottom bait, depending on how and where you add the putty! :wink:

One of the most effective pop-up rigs I found was simply a D-rig tied on whatever hooklink material.

At the end of the day, YOU have to find out what works for you, be it a standard rig or an adaptation.

Here is a thread with a few pics or ideas for you to think about:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22185