Need help to create enervite type base

luked

Gents,

I am trying to make a bait to avoid eels and have been informed that enervite with mexican onion oil could be a good option. The problem is that i live in Australia and we can neither import enervite or buy it off the shelf. the oil I can import no worries but the base mix just simply wont get through. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what the main ingredients might be? Please note that other items such as robin red etc are not available either zo I am pretty much limited to supermarket/food stores and equestrian type suppliers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can give you a nudge in the right direction with the ingredients from the Enervite blurb from Nutrabaits.net:

Even before Nutrabaits came on the scene the carp world was aware of the attractive properties of liver and spices but, until Ener-vite arrived, nobody had thought to combine the attractive food qualities of proteins, mixed seeds, carbohydrates and liver powder with the superb pulling power of Robin Red and other mixed spices. Ener-vite can be regarded as both a high energy, short term bait or as a long term one. When used with an elevated attractor level it will prove instant on any water.

Ener-vite has stood the test of time and many anglers who drifted away from it in the early nineties are now rediscovering how extraordinarily effective it can be. Use either on its own with the attractors of your choice, or mixed 50/50 with either Big Fish Mix or Trigga.

The full list of ingredients is something along the lines of:

Full Fat Soya Flour

Liver Powder

Equivite

Sodium Caseinate

Wholemeal Semolina

Robin Red

Softbill

Brewers Yeast

Mixed Spices

Equivite, if you don't know, is a Horse Feed supplement, and Softbill is another Birdfood. If you can't get hold of that in Australia, here is another page with the ingredients on it:

http://www.gardenbird.co.uk/Ultiva-Softbill-Mix/Bird-Food/GBAR02,default,pd.html

Hope that helps, :wink: not that I ever worked out how to try to save money on bait making or anything myself :?:roll: