tying a swivel

josh231090

What knots were you using before you started Carp Fishing?

Grinner or Uni Knot!

Its the Best Knot to use for just about all fishing situations.

The only other Knot that can match it for Knot strength is the Palomar.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous
hello people, i am new to this forum.

i find that tying a simple blood knot is very strong yet very simple to use when tying your hooklength onto the mainline.

A half tucked blood knot is far stronger, a blood knot will slip with a heavy fish

Guest Anonymous
what is the difference m8?

It's exactly the same as a 'normal' blood knot but once you've gone up the line 5 or 6 times & put the tag end through the small loop... you then tuck the tag end through the big loop you create. there is a forum on knots, check it out. Hope this helps

what is the difference m8?

It's exactly the same as a 'normal' blood knot but once you've gone up the line 5 or 6 times & put the tag end through the small loop... you then tuck the tag end through the big loop you create. there is a forum on knots, check it out. Hope this helps

thanx m8 will try this in the near future. :D

i find that tying a simple blood knot is very strong yet very simple to use when tying your hooklength onto the mainline.

A Bloodknot isn't really strong enough for Carp fishing purposes.

Your FAR better off learning how to tie a Grinner (as suggested).

Much stronger and takes no longer to tie once you've got the hang of it.

Why risk losing a decent fish just because a certain knot is quick and easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Without trying to be controversial, I have used blood knots on all my tackle for the past twenty years and never had one undo.(even with 50 lb fish swimming against heavy current)

The only thing that now concerns me is that I stilll use this type of knot by now with a lighter Lb line, 10-15 Lb instead of 30-50 lb.

Does anyone think this will create a problem. I have had a dew "snagging" issues and the line has always snapped before the knot has let go( I know this by the super sonic crack from the main line as is snaps)

Without trying to be controversial, I have used blood knots on all my tackle for the past twenty years and never had one undo.(even with 50 lb fish swimming against heavy current)

The only thing that now concerns me is that I stilll use this type of knot by now with a lighter Lb line, 10-15 Lb instead of 30-50 lb.

Does anyone think this will create a problem. I have had a dew "snagging" issues and the line has always snapped before the knot has let go( I know this by the super sonic crack from the main line as is snaps)

I used the Blood Knot for years before I got into Specimen Fishing and it served me well.

Its only when I switched to Braids that I started tying the Uni/Clinch knot. I just find it easier and more confidence building to stay with one type of knot on braids and Monos than have a Blood Knot on the Mono, a Uni or Clinch on the Braid.