top quality mono shockleader

gedjnr1966

10lb of Breaking Strain per Ounce of Lead you are casting.

I use Amnesia or Drennan Greased Weasel in Grey. The Black Amnesia is softer than the Clear, Red or Green.

Drennan Greased Weasel is soft and ties a Tidy Shockleader knot.

knot.gif

I can't get on with Tapered Leaders but others find they work well.

Keep the Shockleader knot to the Back of the Spool when Casting, it will help prevent Crack-offs, birdsnests and line catching on the Knot.

I used to use the greased weasel for beach fishing its been around years and is well proven , i currently use ultima ''shocking'' had no problems with it . i use the clear but its also available in a nice weed green colour

I used to use the greased weasel for beach fishing its been around years and is well proven , i currently use ultima ''shocking'' had no problems with it . i use the clear but its also available in a nice weed green colour

Its also a lot cheaper than Carp Fishing Leaders!

ive used amnesia for years, in clear. it stretches somewhat though... can have poor abrasion resistance over time also.

:roll:

Do You get on with the Clear Ok?

I found the Clear was a lot stiffer than the Black.

I think that because of the Stiffness of the Clear it may also make Its Abrasion Resistance less as well?

I have the Black on my Marker and Spod Rods at the moment and found that even after a Year on the Spod Rod its strength is spot on (YES I do Check it regularly!). I also found that when I had a Tip Ring Inner worn through by Braid that the Braid got Fragged before the Black Amnesia!

If you are struggling to Find Greased Weasel anywhere then Google it and it will come up.

http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?q=drennan+greased+weasel&hl=en&lr=&rls=GGIC,GGIC:2006-44,GGIC:en&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title

It is soft, and easy to tie knots in and Lasts as well as the Amnesia. I use it for all of My Beach Fishing. Price compared to "CARP" Leaders is £2.99!

i could never get on with the black amnesia, i think its the colour. i use greased weasel for my beachcasting, i cant fault it, but again, i find i little thick for carping. the clear amnesia is good stuff, but when it runs a snag under pressure, i find it lets go too readily. compared to greased weasel, which i find pretty damn good, in sea fishing anyway.

i could never get on with the black amnesia, i think its the colour. i use greased weasel for my beachcasting, i cant fault it, but again, i find i little thick for carping. the clear amnesia is good stuff, but when it runs a snag under pressure, i find it lets go too readily. compared to greased weasel, which i find pretty damn good, in sea fishing anyway.

Must admit I don't find the Thickness of the Greased Weasel a Problem. Wonder if its because I try to fish as Slack as Possible, and know that at Extreme Range the Line will have curved and be running along the Lake Bed anyway?

I can't get on with the Clear for Shockleaders, its too stiff, Weird I know. Everyone has what suits them best and Black suits me!