Carpin around Kings Lynn/West Norfolk

Hi all. Pentney is open for fishing. www.willowcroftfishfarmandfisheries.co.uk. Am heading there next week for first overnighter hopefully. Another member put me onto it as I saw website and thought same. £20 for 24 hours on specimen lake and £15 for 24 hours on the others. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

had a little look at both the above today. pentney does look very very open for fishing, other lakes have watersports. looks very good, apart from the power lines over one lake. as long as you're careful, not a problem.

theres several different lakes, and two bigger lakes we looked at are real promising. lillies, tree lined, weedy....

its called Willowcroft fisheries - try that in google

narborough - loads of carp mooching about at surface level just waiting to be caught. gonna be hard though, but exciting. next weekend, thats where i'm heading saturday for a 24 hour session. the fish won't be as big as pentney, but looks too good not to try

Pentney lakes is a regular place for me. Just done a 48 hour session this weekend gone. It was absolutely packed. There was not one swim available on log cabin lake. Specimen was full. The fish were so pressured they were not biting at all. I got there thursday night and left saturday afternoon and had 3 fish. 19 15 & 10. One fish came out at 28 I believe and the only other fish was out at 4lb mark!! There are big fish in there. My brother who bailiff's down there sometimes had one out at 31lb.

gotcha. does look like a fine place to fish pentney. just those damned power lines! what a place to build under! oh well.

i reckon i'm down there in a couple of weeks for sat all day session - if i can get on there. are you a member? another forum i'm on, gives really mixed reports of great fishery, but the carp are moved to the specimen lake? have a weeks hols start of sept, a midweek session is inevitable methinks....

The power lines are fine. You will not hit them with a cast. They make a nice little buzz during the night that sends you of to sleep!! Speci lake is not the best lake in my opinion. Log cabin lake is the best. (my opinion). Yeah I am a member down there. Been fishing it for years. All grass carp are being taken out of speci lake and put into millenium as its full of weed. And grass carp eat the weed. All the biggest fish are coming out of log cabin. Fish to the far bank/lillies/islands and you will get runs. Any thing else you want to know just let me know. Tightlines.

• 9 months later...

Woodlakes possibly (i would do the specimen lake rather than the cabin lake) Nar valley (had a few out of there) . Dents farm shop if you're very lucky (what good fish you might hook like the reeds).

Bradmoor is a steal at 35 quid a year (70 for nights). lots of low 20s, good handful of high 20s and probably 3 30s.

Never fished willowcroft but had a look last month. Spent 3 days reading the biblical rules list then decided not for me.

Bluebell is only the other side of peterborough.

Fendicks is made to look hard by everyone ive seen down there. As for an abundance of 20s, i think not. I thought someone was taking the mick when i turned up to look at iit. its tiny.

Swangy out at attleborough, plus you've got the cats which are a laugh.

Catch 22 at lyng elsing. Full of big fish.

i would say very much the same as pearbo, i'm going to get a bradmoor ticket shortly. you've also got taverham mills and tasswood around norwich.

if you really want to 'get a bend if your rod' get down to woodlakes or dents, not 'proper' carp lakes but both absolute runs waters very close to kings lynn

I blanked on first three trips before getting it right. Had first outing on cabin lake few weeks back and had a lovely looking 16lb 8oz common from in the second bay from the cabin. Everyone else had lines across to the island and were power casting, stuck to my guns and went just under bush on far edge of bay. Paid off, just got to watch the cats as they frequent in there too. Enjoyable place to fish once you get used to the buzzing of the power lines! The karaoke on the occassional Saturday is something to behold as the 'tones' work there way down the lakes!!