canal carp fishing

on most canals, the bank opposite the tow path will have bushes and tree`s to fish to, and will be more likely to have the fish lurking in these features, also the "winding holes" which are the wide sections where the boats can turn can be worth a look.......which canal are you looking at :wink:

The canal i fish has got a large head of bream so i do try to limit the amout of particles i put in :wink: .I also roll my own baits so i do them on the large size (not that it makes them completly bream proof :evil: ).As far as how long to leave thats really up to you but the longer you leave it the more chance uve got of giving the carp a safe regular food supply :wink:.Try 2-3 times a wk if possible and give it a few weeks before you fish but try not to bait swims that look too "carpy" because all your hard work cud come undone when you turn up to fish and theres another angler in your peg catchin your fish :twisted::twisted:.Something that involves a walk or isnt fishy looking usually keeps prying eyes away and you can get your bait in without fear of being spied on :lol: