Merrington

hi just done 48hurs only had one at 14lb 6oz and lost one, from peg 8 ,loads on there was 4 20+ out and 9 over 14lbs..,the right hand bank did 3 off the 20s and 8 off the 14+ ... all the fish come from the middle on single hook baits.. peg 10 11 and 12 did the most fish,, do not put loads off bait in thats what i did and did not get i bite for 40 hurs only got 2 bites when i moved peg and cast to the middle, will be going back very soon really nice place and lovely fish, :o:o:o

Silverfox, welcome to the forum. I have no links with Merrington other than the fact that I like the place, as do you, it seems!

Knowing it to be anything but a runs water helps to raise the bar for me.

Did you see the resident Barn Owl? It shows no fear of the likes of us and frequently forages near to anglers.

Ian

hi mate was my 1st time on there really liked it,, some lovely fish in there the lad in peg 7 had i 23lb mirror mint cond,, was hard water but thats what i like dont like the small runs water fish are batterd in most off them,,, the barn owl was over the other side so never got i look at it,,,, i put some bait in a jar off the lake water and used them as hook bait 4 hours later and thats what i got my runs on,,, with in 10 mins off casting out the other 2 rods had normal bait on never had i beep on them.....going back in the next few weeks :lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got back from 24 hours on merrington wasnt sure wether to go after reading some of the comments but glad i did had a 23lb mirror and a 27 lb 8oz common both on maggots an half a lobworm on a maggot clip.

Both fish were in perfect condition will def be goin again sum time soon :)

• 11 months later...