HELP .....is there anything like this

Guest markelly

Guest markelly

Hi

Can anyone suggest anywhere.......looking for somewhere in France to keep us all happy!! Hubby wants good carp fishing (big fish preferably...of course lol) My daughter (aged 3) and I just want to go camping (tent) so we need a good camp site with showers & toilets, a pool would be great too and good fishing for my husband!!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions :)

Hiya

It may be worth having a look at my lake Carpquarry you get a house lake and exclusive if you wish, worth checking out the website

www.carpquarry.co.uk

Also have a look at Blavet Valley I know they have kids area, Pool? Also click on fishing holidays tab at top of page

Guest markelly

Yea it seems to be that the Carp lakes that have camp sites attached aren't much cop from what I have seen. I think we may have to look at the ones with accommodation like yours. I can just imagine the reaction when I show hubby your site lol I expect we'll be bringing a few of his mates as there would be room!! ha ha

You can book Carpquarry on an individual basis and have a private bedroom and share use of rest of house if you dont want hubby to bring his mates :wink: and I am sure that we would be able to sort out a personal bivvy for your little girl, I will just have to make sure I dont tell my little 4 year old boy or he will want to come round and play all day.

Guest markelly

ha ha I don't mind his mates really I wouldn't see any of them anyway I'd just get a text when they are hungry!!! Wow you even provide entertainment for my little girl in the form of a 4yr old cool!! I shall show him the site tonight. He is just finishing off our bungalow working til 11pm at night 6 days a week so I think he deserves a break!!

Guest markelly

Well Mark fishes at a Quarry at home so I think we're erring towards Blavet Valley this time however he seems keen on Carp Quarry for next year with his buddies in tow lol Just hope there will be space left for us as we can't book just yet until we are in the new property and know when we can go. Ah well if it's meant to be there will be space :wink:

Guest markelly

mmm is there anywhere away from the lake too?? I've a little one and that infernal beeping throughout the night might end in divorce. I can understand his love for fishing but I NEED SLEEP ha ha

Hi Mrs rushes, I think thats somewhat a wild statement suggesting that Richard handpicked the lakes, is it not just that people have paid to advertise as they do on other forums. As some of the best lakes in France never advertise Graviers, Lac de Couton (rainbow) and the late Maison de Lac Bleu. These are very well renowned lakes that survive through word of mouth and people trying to book two three years in advance. Im not knocking advertising but to say they are handpicked is surely a bit far fetched and misleading. I dont wish to offend you but it's my opinion.

Ok....

In as far as he ensured that the lakes had what they offered, were fully 'legal' he ( well lets rephrase it ) chose very wisely.

I am going to take your comments about Graviers & Rainbow to another thread and hope you will comment further on that one.

You havent offended me Ralph.... Ive got a very thick skin!

Hi Mrs rushes, I think thats somewhat a wild statement suggesting that Richard handpicked the lakes, is it not just that people have paid to advertise as they do on other forums. As some of the best lakes in France never advertise Graviers, Lac de Couton (rainbow) and the late Maison de Lac Bleu. These are very well renowned lakes that survive through word of mouth and people trying to book two three years in advance. Im not knocking advertising but to say they are handpicked is surely a bit far fetched and misleading. I dont wish to offend you but it's my opinion.

Richard did pretty much handpick the lakes with a bit of help :!:

Admittedly those who use the forum to advertise and have links have paid to advertise, but reputations have been checked. :wink:

When the advertising was first allowed (as for may years Richard refused to allow advertising) there were some who were a bit "fly-by-night" as it were, these have been weeded out until those whose positives precede them are left.

I said on another thread that Mrs_Rusheslake has a reputation of being very positive, if I remember rightly, she actually has an almost full book year after year from anglers who book almost immediately on returning home. The advertising and link just gives another positive on the lake.

Incidentally that is a slight "mistruth" about some of the lakes you have mentioned not advertising, as there were adverts (or plugs) on them in magazines in the past and even on forums :wink: