pine pool blanks

Fished 4 evening sessions and a full day this month ,love the place but finding it hard going, been fishing the reeds on peg 8 plenty of fish showingbut just cant seem to pick up any ,hooked into a couple but they came off....been using a method mix wrapped round my lead with a short supa nova braid hooklength and pepperami on the hair, and a chod on the other with various pop ups...i know its a tricky place and i wont stop going untill i start catching,thinking i need to refine my rigs so any advice on hooklengths and materials would be appreciated.. anyone else blank a lot here or am i just crap :) ????

It's not a hard water, you just need to get things right and you will reap the rewards..

First thing is the carp are very wise and can be very spooky. You need to hide all your end tackle and mainline, tight lines will spook them off, so fish slack lines..

Second look around the venue, and find the fish don't just settle for the nearest swim or the best looking as they are not always there..

Go with a good bait, I have done well in there on "Cell" in there and fish into the weed don't be afraid of it, pva bags work well...

Use the search facility on here and there are dome more results for pine pool.

The main one is patience, it will happen just keep trying...

Second look around the venue, and find the fish don't just settle for the nearest swim or the best looking as they are not always there..

Go with a good bait, I have done well in there on "Cell" in there and fish into the weed don't be afraid of it, pva bags work well...

Sound advice there. I've seen guys set up in swims there without giving it a second thought, while I'm sitting directly across from them on a recce and staring at a good half-dozen or so of Pine Pools finest! A good circuit or two of the pool will definitely give you a good idea of where they are.

And like NG says.....don't be afraid to use the weed.

Thanks...how important is bait choice, been trying to use something other than boilies hence using pepperami which i did have a take on,hooklink materials and length of hooklink is also something i need to refine i think..love the pool though do any of you fish it on a regular basis ?

If you've had a take on pepperami then certainly stick with it, but I would suggest a superior boilie choice might be worth a try. Pine Pool is quite a popular place and must see a wide variety of baits, so the better quality stuff has to have the edge I'd have thought.

On the other hand, don't neglect the basics like sweetcorn over hemp. Saved many a blank on most waters.

As for your set-up, I'm afraid its just trial and error. Try using different lengths of rigs on alternative rods and see which attracts the most interest.

Will be down there again this week and looking forward to it i know the rewards are there and that when i do crack it, it will be mainly through my own endeavours, ive already broke my catfish pb this year with a 45lb cat so a few twentys from pine and that will make my season :)

yep penk, peg 8 was hoping for a twenty but never came, fished using a method mix round the lead and very short clear amnesia hooklink straight into the marginal weed, the 16 took me straight into the reeds and locked me up so i slackened off and had a cup of tea untill he decided to come out :D

may fish to the far bank of the back bay next time as i hardly ever see anyone fishing there, maybe from one of the pegs on the right side of the point,feel more comfortable fishing to a far margin than a near margin because of the clarity of the water.fishing near margins in that clarity of water is out of my comfort zone at the moment id get frustrated watching a couple of boilies for hours on end :)

may fish to the far bank of the back bay next time as i hardly ever see anyone fishing there, maybe from one of the pegs on the right side of the point,feel more comfortable fishing to a far margin than a near margin because of the clarity of the water.fishing near margins in that clarity of water is out of my comfort zone at the moment id get frustrated watching a couple of boilies for hours on end :)

Good luck over there tbh mate..

You'll normally struggle over there, saying that i fished there last week and had 2 fish, the biggest a tad over 20.

It all depends on the Day Tbh mate.

I might be there next week so i may see you down there :wink:

nice result mate, popped down monday evening loads of fish in the first corner of the back bay but not feeding..moved pegs to the island as they vacated the corner and a few were cruising round the island but to no avail,what peg were you fishin ?