Help please rig help

prenton01

I just after some advice as im new to all this specimen hunting

I have made my own rigs going of lots of vids on youtube but what is the best way to tie to the main line

Currently i am using a snap link swivel on my main line and i have a Korda normal swivel size 8 attached to the braid on my rig , i just attach the 2 together

Is this ok or is there a better way reccomended

Cheers for all the help

I tie the mainline to the rig swivel.

I don't like Quick link clips, I have seen them "let go", had it happen to myself, and watched an angler lose a very big fish when the rubber slipped off one of his.

Also the quick link clips allow extra movement on the rig which may negate indication of a pick up at the rod end. To me the fastest and most instant way of getting indication is with no swivel, but an "O" ring buried inside the tail rubber. Not practical to tie mainline and rig to that so I make sure that my rig swivel buried as far as possible inside a tail rubber or rubber tulip bead, with only the rig side sticking out. It also makes it fairly tangler free.

While writing this I actually wonder if the quick link clips are responsible for more tangles as well allowing more movement?

i like to use the klips, the movement is cool when fishing the bottoms i do and the extra movement on the cast is often a good thing as it is with a helicoptor rig, you often see it clurl back but if you watch cearfully the bait comes away in flight as the rig slows down, just make sure you use heavy enough baits to make sure.

i have been playing with the fox swivels with the clip end and then using half an anti tangle sleave over it for the more direct approach however i have found this needs to be on solid flat bottoms, not good on my usual slightly weedy spots.