earlswood lakes, solihull, birmingham

Hi. I'm new to both this site and to the fishing world and I was looking for some information on earlswood lakes. I'v read up as much as I can on this site and others but I was wondering if anybody could give me any advice or tips on how it is fishing atm and what the best methods would be. Also pegs, how far out etc. Any help in general to be honest. Thankyou for any help you can give me.

Che

Also if anybody has any suggestions on other venues in Birmingham that I might be better off trying.

Chemond, hi and welcome to the forum

Earlswood is a good place for a starter as it's full of fish. I guess you'll fish Engine Pool which is the carp water.

Pegs 5-25 are the most popular, by the new(ish) car park, but the place isn't peggy, you can catch from pretty well anywhere. Be aware that it can get busy at weekends, midweek you can often have the place to yourself.

Following prolonged hot/dry spells the water level can drop noticeably as the reservoirs are for topping up the local canal systems. In this case ignore the conventional pegs and walk down the beach!

Take a good selection of baits as what worked last month might not work this month. Worms are popular with the fish as are pellets, meat, boilies etc etc. The carp were spawning last weekend during the hot spell so should have got that out of the way by now.

The fish aren't huge but are plentiful and give good account of themselves when hooked.

Can't think of anything else offhand so hope this helps.

Good luck.

Ian

I've noticed that scaling right down produces more bites. I've only fished method before- I tried to sort out the better fish by using bigger baits - but I just caught less fish.

Light hooklinks, small hooks and small baits will increase your chances. :wink: