moorgreen reservoir

• 8 months later...

I'm also planning on starting on Moorgreen later this year. As you say, not an awful lot of info out there, though I have seen a few bits of info in the middle of some rambling threads on other forums.

However, a couple of the guys at Planet Carp have fished there quite a lot. I'd recommend popping in there and having a chat with them.

Hoefully catch up with you guys down there later in the year

Pete

I'm also planning on starting on Moorgreen later this year. As you say, not an awful lot of info out there, though I have seen a few bits of info in the middle of some rambling threads on other forums.

However, a couple of the guys at Planet Carp have fished there quite a lot. I'd recommend popping in there and having a chat with them.

Hoefully catch up with you guys down there later in the year

Pete

thanks for that a bit of a trek for a chat me living in nuneaton but going to have a look at the place when its thawed out so will defo pop into carp planet then :D

its a cracking water , some cracking carp in there but god is it weedy , dam wall goes down to 20ft + deep , if you wanting a runs water dont go to moorgreen as at times it can be a right head banger of a water .

most swims are wood barked and have pontons to fish from .

car park is locked and your car is safe as safe as can be there is toilets and a shower to use .

if you need any more info please ask i try to help best as i can .

its a cracking water , some cracking carp in there but god is it weedy , dam wall goes down to 20ft + deep , if you wanting a runs water dont go to moorgreen as at times it can be a right head banger of a water .

most swims are wood barked and have pontons to fish from .

car park is locked and your car is safe as safe as can be there is toilets and a shower to use .

if you need any more info please ask i try to help best as i can .

hi pippa when u say weedy is that the whole res or r there clear patches to fish or is it a case of just dropping it on the weed. also does it get busy there was looking for a peacefull place with the chance of pulling a few 20s out thank for the help

there is clear patches to find , i would not class it as a bizzy water as there is always swims to fish pluss the swims are very well spaced apart, you can only fish two side of the res the wood bank or the field bank as its a damd vallly so one end is the dam wall and the other is the nature res.

Pippa, I'm after a bit of a challenge as long as the potential rewards are there, no problem with blanking a few times for every catch. And it does sound like a well run water too. Thanks for the info.

Alan, sorry mate, didn't see you were down in Warwickshire, but as you say defintely worth popping down the shop if you're up on a reccy trip :)

• 3 months later...