A couple of nights in the midlands!! any recommendations?

loads of places o go pal... Willesley is beautiful with some smashing fish and theres Weston Lawns near Bedworth. Maybe you could try bardon near the NEC...

Taz, do you mean Barston, near the NEC? I don't know of a Bardon and it's my local area :shock:

Ian

yes Ian Its Barston - A typo on my part! Should be a good bet for the chap and its in his locality...I fished it last a couple of years ago - Once in the snow - Still caught! Good head of fish... Id suggest anypone call 1st to ensure there are no matches on!

You're right about the matches! The lake owner, Nigel Harrhy(?) is/was something of a match fishing star, I'm told.

I'm also told that several hundred good size carp were stocked into the water from one of BW's reservoirs that was being drained for maintenance a couple of years back.

I used to fish there when it was "wild". Not owned or maintained, just there, so to speak. Had a few pretty carp, best maybe 15-18lb and some cracking tench. That was a while back, though. The money people took over when the golf course got built and the lake became a commodity.

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

well ive actually decided to go to Hollyhurst this weekend, did think about weston but I hear the owners more concerned about building cabins and lighting up the lake instead of his fish!! Lol!

Seen some good reviews on Holly, looks quite well stocked with the a few 20's and a 30!! :) let ya know how it goes!!

• 5 weeks later...

Its alright theres plenty of carp between 15-28lb and 1 31lb which was caught in the winter just gone, there are about 40 cats and the biggest is 40 odd, hope that helps the website explains everything as for nights its realy good you get no trouble as its locked at night, hope that helps!

Jonty

Chill your beans jon hehe, well im sure you wud still catch fish even if there was a leak, and its been stocked alot in the last couple of years, so plenty to go at. I have fished the runs water alot instead which is great fun especially if you go with a mate, loadssssss of fish in there, but there mouths tend to be abit mashed which is a shame, But runs are easy, with any bait, but usually small baits are best, plenty of features to aim for to. But if you want the big stuff the specimen is the better option, but can get quite busy at times, especially weekends so the best pegs are usually taken :( but good luck anyway :D

im off to pool hall on friday for a 24hr sesh i spoke to the owner and yes the speci pool has lost 2 foot of water thats why they are moving all the fish outa the speci lake into the runs untill its sorted then the runs is going to be the speci lake and the other one will be the runs will post back when been friday but there has been a 28lb pulled out the runs last week :)

I with you on that one Poolhalll is a cracking lake fished the speci 2 weeks ago landed 6 dropped 3 in 24hrs ,yeah the water was low but dnt stop you catching people always blame other factors when they blank "weed" :roll: they love it,just enjoy your time on the bank think the runs will make a better speci pool though,cant wait to get back down there :D

Specimen pool is now closed.

We moved the 151 carp and 5 cats to the runs water from the specimen pool today.

2 of the big cats were moved and 3 smaller ones.

Carp to 30lb. with around 8 upper 20s.

Many other 20s and scrapers..

Get on the runs!!