shatterford lakes

live bait update: £1.25 and they bing them to ur peg. thank for common sense. i have also heard that to lads fishing in pegs spaced 1 apart ( to give them more water cos it was quiet) was asked to pay for the peg in the middle!!!!!!!! she said she would struggle to sell it. this is the best ive heard yet.

You have heard, is that 100% true?

yes this is 1000% true as it was me that was fishing it this women is horible she will b th end 2 shatterford i love th place jus hate her and her bad attitude towards paying customers its ridiculas she needs 2 b got rid of also some of ther freinds were fishing on ther n every day thy wer bringin them milk and bread dwn 2 th peg but wen we foned 2 get sum lives dwn she jus said no blatently, under any circumanstances can dav deliver anything 2 you its a joke i think thy 4 get hw much money we are givein thm each visit not jus 4 fishing but 4 bait and other things also really this women is horrid n if she was a man she would have wats comein 2 her of many ppl

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all.

I've fished Shatterford a few times recently. I have to say that Masters isn't fishing well at all. There is a water leak there somewhere and there is at least 4 foot of water missing from the pool. Its a great shame as i'm sure it would be a great lake otherwise!

I fished Erics a couple days ago. I totally agree that the walk up the hill from Erics to the car park is a killer! Especially if you are fishing a few nights like i was and had to carry all your kit back up the hill!

The fishing on Erics is awesome if you know what you are doing. On monday i had 17 double figure carp in less than 7 hours on just 1 rod! Some beautiful grassies in there. The mirrors and the grassies seem to fight the hardest!

As for the lady there that everybody is slating.... I have to be honest and say that she has never been anything but pleasant to me. She's always been very kind and helpful, and has even taken the time to learn mine and my dogs name. She has never given me even the slightest reason to say anything negative about her or shatterford itself.

The scenery is truly stunning there. The tackle shop is well stocked. The lady is nice and helpful (to me at least) and the fishing on Erics is a must for any angler looking for a good session of carp fishing.

The only downsides for me are: Masters water level being so low....and the prices! £55 for 48 hours is a pretty high rate...especially when you can fish Linear for £40 for 48 hours.

That being said, i will be returning on sunday...and i will keep going back there. Don't let others posts about the lady put you off, go and fish for yourself and make your own mind up! Though maybe give masters a miss for now!

• 7 months later...
Guest corbe1970

Hi all

thought i would write a post on shatterford lakes as i`ve just come back with my nephew this morning from fishing the masters lake pegs 10 and 11, we arrived wednesday the 2nd may to be greated by this so called mad woman who i was anxcious to meet after reading reports on here but she was ever so nice very helpful although we was parting with £205 who would`nt be nice :) after arriving at our pegs no one on here as far as i can see mentioned the small area you have to put your bivvy up as theres a small wall running round the lake and the part concrete banking making it almost impossible to peg your bivvy down, we managed to do it with help of a rubber mallet borrowed to us by a mad scotsman on peg 13 so big thanks to him :) cutting to the short and narrow of fishing i put out 2 carp rods with the frozen boilie type baits and 1 cat rod with quarter tin luncheon meat (peg 11) 5 mins later cat rod was screaming off only to land a 14lb common, bit dissapointed but a good start so upt to half tin to avoid same result, on the thursday afternoon whilst reading the paper 1 carp rod set off and landed a 21lb common not a p.b. but happy with the double figure, friday for some reason i got tired and got in my bivvy and in bed only to be woken half hour later by a screamer on my cat rod to land a 32lb catfish,once again not a pb but very happy.22 weather was dull and cold raining almost all day thursday bit mixed friday of wind and rain, saturday looked up a abit weather wise and found myself landing a dreaded 3lb bream, on the friday night a bloke on erics lake down below us landed a 45lb cat on a spinning rod with 10lb line awesome fish :) my nephew who is a experianced catfish man failed to land anything just had 2 runs one on livey and other on meat on peg 10 i`ve never seen him blank before so dissapointed man and i was gutted for him, we like the place and hopefully will be returning in august september after our france trip to etangs de breton for some serious specimen hunting, pegs 7 and 8 look the biz on the masters lake as there together and away from other fishermen and bivvy should be better on there as it looks softer ground, hope this helps anyone wanting to try it there,,, good luck!! <`((((((<

Guest corbe1970

Yeh lol £100 for me and £105 coz my nephew wanted to catch liveys so charged him an extra fiver that was for 4 days fishing but came back this morning due to unexpected news, thats carp&cat fishing for ya my mate wanted me to go golfing at £45 a round thats 48 hours fishing in my book :lol: