Bluebell Lakes

I know this is a carp forum but i know you guys catch a lot of big bream and i'm planning a trip to Mallard Lake on the Bluebell complex and wondered if anyone has fished this lake and if so how many bream you caught, if at all and in what areas. Any info greatly appreciated

Very big bream in Bluebell lake, ive had them to 11lb and loads of high singles. 10mm fishmeals seem to get them going. I imagine if targeted selectively 100lb bags could be accrued within a few hours.

Mallard is a big lake and very weedy at times although it is a runs water, compared to the other lakes anyway.

I fished bluebell last year and your right there is loads of them but i fancy a crack at same big bream and there a few masssive ones in Mallard i think one of 18lb came out last spring. I was just wondering if there are just a few big slabs or a decent head of them. I guess i'll need to feed plenty anyway if there are so many carp in the lake?

Loads were stocked if i remember (1000+) to compliment the existing stock from the club who had the lease on it before tony, so the bream definately have more competition now. I doubt doubles (bream) are as plentiful as some say.Worth a crack though :wink:

Finding the clearings to hold a shoal will be the hardest bit i would of thought.

I spent 2 yrs on the A.R.C. lake(mallard) and only ever caught 2 bream although they were 14lbs plus.They are very difficult to track down i spent time with some excellent bream anglers targeting these fish and suffered endless blanks its not for the faint hearted.

Bluebell lake is a better bet if you after a double but the shoals are massive and can eat a mountain of bait the average is about 7lbs.

We used to fish pegs 1 to 5 on bluebell and once they were on the bait take up to 15 fish a day on groundbait feeders and yellow plastic corn

Thanks for the info everybody, i do fancy catching a 14lb plus bream but can only visit for 2 nights and then not again until the autumn. Do any of the other lakes on the complex have many bream. When i fished Bluebell there were loads of bream but out of perhaps 40 fish only 1 was over 8lbs. Good fun but not worth the long drive.