heath lake petersfield

Petersfield Heath Lake (20 acres) is closed until the 31st March.It is looked after by Petersfield and District Angling Club----one of four Clubs forming the Hants & Sussex Alliance.

its a very pretty lake with boating activity's and is very shallow, i have never fished it but some of my friends did a good few years back, its one of those waters that you need to be able to cast a long distance and wading out 30 yards will help when the fish are at range, quite a few bream in there and some good carp, it had a forty but dead now you can do day ticket but night fishing you have to be a member of the club :wink:

I'm totally out of touch with the place these days, but going back perhaps 15 years now, it was a venue I really enjoyed - and a place with many happy memories.

I think it was the HSAA - Hants and Sussex Anglers Alliance - ticket back then - and you needed an additional night ticket to do the nights. At the time the fish were going to low 20's - with tonnes of doubles. They'd dredged it a couple of years before, which "improved" the depths.

Hot spot back then was always the Island Swim - fishing from the playground bank. One rod cast past the left side of the island - overshooting it by about 15 yards - the other, ahem, walked down past the "No fishing to the right of this sign" and dropped a rod length out - right under where they fed the wildfowl. Grange CSL was devastating on there.

Hope the place returns to it's former glory.