Using leadcore in hooklinks??

tigernuttom

Has anyone ever tried this before??

I thought about it and eventually made up some short booms to attack softer/supple braid onto so it ends up like a combi rig. I shall giv this rig a go on the weekend unless someone brings up any serious setbacks.

tiger :D

Used it for quite a few years Mate. :wink:

Normally with a small swivel separating the Leadcore from the Braid section attached to the hook, like in this picture:LeadcoreRigs.jpg.

As you can see I have spliced the Leadcore into itself. Never had one give way while fishing and I have tried testing them to destruction. I think it eventually broke about 2cms from the splice at over 50lbs when I tested it hanging from the ceiling in my Garage!

I have got another Version that I'm playing with though that I'm keeping quiet until I know it works :wink:

Yes,some similar to Nicks but not using a swivel.Good for ultra wary fish :wink:

Think they may come back into use after this weekend at Suffolk Water Park!

Incidentally the "other" rig I was using did produce a Take, but I lost the Fish :evil: .

Not totally my fault as the Mainline got Dragged across a Flint Bar and smashed me Up. :evil:

• 2 months later...
in theory its a good idea...but i think thered be to much resistance when the fish pickes up the hookbait..

There is resistance as soon as the fish moves off with the Bait anyway with a Semi-Fixed Lead. Its that resistance that causes them to Bolt!

Carp must be used to some resistance as they pick up their food, as Mussels and snails are often on the weed or on the bottom, so as they are sucked or picked up the resistance will not particularly worry the Carp in my opinion

after thinking bout the idea for a few months, i have incorporated them into my margin fishing. with 4 inches of ledcore and 0ne inch of supernova. they performed really well and looked good underwater!! i had two pck ups and both of these were hooked and landed. the carp looked as though they couldnt quite deal with them as they have probably never seem them before!

i was really chuffed but i still have my concerns with casting them out into the lake especially soft/silt bottoms where the boom my get stuck in the bottom and stick up at a horrible angle?? i feel my conventional supple rigs would perform better here?

tiger

• 4 weeks later...

they way i have jus started making them, different to before, is im not using a swivel and jus tying the supple braid to the leadcore needle not (not quite sure that is the not) style, it takes a bit of practice but i ended up with a rle short supple section, and had a few on that! the otha weekend!