Rig from limited parts??

blurgle

Hi, well recently my neighbor gave me some stuff to get me started carp fishing and i wondered if i listed everything you could give me an idea of rigs i could use and the situations i would use them in please?

Ok here goes :

Kryston Snake Skin 12lb

Drennan Carp Silk 7.8lb

Middy Factor 10 not sure of the strength as i dont have the box to hand.

ESP Big T Raptor Hooks size 8

Drennan Starpoint Hooks size 6

Fox Hooks size 8 not sure of the pattern

Lead safety clips

I am aware that i will need to buy various things to go with these but i was just trying to use what i have at the moment.

Thanks, Joe.

you could make loads of different rigs with that little lot chap. use the snake skin with about an inch peeled back and the esp hooks to make a simple knotless knot rig, it'll catch you plenty of fish. If your unsure on tying it and like me need to see it being done to compleatly get it have a look on you tube, there's loads of vids to help you on your way :?:?

you could make the same rig just add a shot where the stripped braid meets the coated braid to keep it down, test it before you cast out though to make sure the shots heavy enough to stop the bait from floating straight up off the lead, unless you want to fishi it like that of course.

If you're making your own rigs I'd suggest you buy some swivels if you want to use the rig with lead clips.

Some people tie rigs with a 'loop knot' instead of a swivel but I prefer swivels. It may be worth researching 'loop knots'.

There's lots of pics of different rigs in the rig sticky section. I've posted a few with simple knotless knot rigs and lead clips.

there's a rig i've found on here using the search bar that looks good and not to difficult to tie. type into the search bar, multi rig d rig, there's a link that takes you to a site featurin mike kavanagh with step by step pics, worth a look me thinks :D:D

Would you recomend i use the lead clips?

Is there anything else i could do with getting? (Trip to tackle shop tomorrow)

And off too the rig sticky section :P:arrow:

Actually I'd bin the lead clips, I hate the darn things :wink::lol:

The stuff you have to habd will be fine for plenty of rigs, although as BBJ says, swivels are easy and handy.

A truthful answer for you, keep your rigs as simple as possible, in most cases simply a knotless knotted rig will do for pop-ups or bottom baits in various types of hooklink material :wink: