south lake yately

Just fished southlake today, not fishing that good at the moment although thay are on the feed .As for tips ,swim wise i would say the best swims are the Boss swim, About 20yds out fish the drop off. The point swim ,lots of open water to target. Alans swim, fish just right of the swim into the bay and try and get your rig under the branches of the big tree.The garden gate swim, about 40yds there is a bar fish the front of the bar where it meets the weed. swims 6,7,8 also have the bar in thier swims. Also the nightmare good holdup swim.Bait wise maze or corn, if using boilies i would go for 10mm or dumbell as they are wise to the usuall 14-16mm boilies. corn tipped boilies have worked for me in the past aswell. No nuts allowed including tigers. Bait lightly to start ,when the fish are on your bait then top up the swim with small bags.I wouldn't bother with a spod as they will spook.The bottom is a mix of gravel, sand,silt and weed, just lead around to find the hard bottom. anymore info required just ask. :)

its changed alot mate. been lots of work done over the last couple of years. Its a nice water to fish, not easy by any means ,harder than sandhurst. But the fish come out and they are nice fish in great condition.There are a few double swims on the lake so if your going with friends you will be able to double up . Forgot to say before but mainline fusion is the prefered boilie on the south,tiped with plastic corn. Scottie and the lads (bailiffs) will fill you in on any hotsots in your swim , they are a great bunch of lads who want everybody to catch and have a great time.

Have a good one mate hope you get jaffa (the big common ) :)

harder than sandhurst? your having a laugh. i find south lake easy.

binfield if your the opposite then we really need to get together and exchange some tips. not in a gay sense :P

i find sandhurst sole distroyingly hard!

#

dont say that please thats wher the social is being held would like at least 1 :shock: looks like i may just be getting drunk lol

binfield if your the opposite then we really need to get together and exchange some tips. not in a gay sense :P

I am struggling with south this season for some reason. Had quite a few out but cant seem to get into the large few this season. As for sandy ive hammered the place over the last few seasons. Infact i havn't had a blank in the last dozen visits.I have my favourite swims that i know will produce under the right conditions. Trick is to head away from the crowd. Head towards the nursery/copse.

I'm back on the south on monday, fished wednesday and had 2 out ,but that was a struggle. maybe i will do better monday?. :)

#

dont say that please thats wher the social is being held would like at least 1 :shock: looks like i may just be getting drunk lol

Not everybody struggles on sandy mate. I wouldn't worry to much, The fish are starting to feed again after the big freeze so come march they will be right on to all the bait going in. Fished right you will have a few out over the weekend. What swim have you got? will see if i can help you out a bit.

unfortunatley i wont no till i turn up with people goin down thursday and me early friday, may have to see wher i can get in as swims are on a 1st come 1st serve basis this year. could you pm me some of the hot pegs and the pegs people may walk past but are littl gems sssshhhh :wink: