what am i missing

macbilly

caught a few carp in my time,never used maize,is it a wonder bait? seems to a lazy bloke like me a lot o f preporation.boil it age it smell it.then put large quantities in for ground bait .doesnt it bring in small fish .doesnt it bust the rule of little & ofton .if you fish a small grain poped up dont the small carp keep taking disturbing the swim.the only rule that works for me is BIG BAITS FOR BIG FISH .and lastly how do you keep your wife happy taking the pressure cooker and stinking the joint out with old maize.she makes enough fuss about a few maggots in the fridge and they are in a box tight lines macbilly

You are such a stirrer Mac!! :D

I was only talking to a mate last week about the food preferences of Aussie carp. I know from experience already that Oz carp love maize. To catch on the stuff should be within anyones grasp. But to single out those bigger fish, that is the trick. I wouldn't be out of keeping by saying that there must some donkey's in our systems. But being wild, big naturals may have luck also. Would be a gamer man than me to lob a yabbie in on a hair! :lol:

What's your biggest bait Mac?

I've seen blokes using 40mm donkey chokers, and 24mm pop-ups. What's big?

right big baits for big fish.twice the size of a walnut with a soft bait i e bread gives the littles some thing to bite on and attract bigger carp to build up confidence.big carp cannot keep weight up on particles.in england we feed them up with boilies.it dont happen here mate.they are omniverous .small fish are part of their diet plus anything else.i had a report from the diver who inspects the dam base walls & he said they are big.i have unconfirmed reports of 50lb plus,and my own experiences leave me in no doubt .however i am going to try maize but how am i going to get it on a 2/0 hook dumb ass aint i.tight lines macbilly