Etang de Kingshaw

prac1

Hi There

Was looking at the venue, but unfortunatley couldn't get the date I needed.

If you give them a call, The owners wife is very helpful as you would expect, I think they also have a forum on there website which ay help you. There are also a couple of videos on youtube, they probably won't help you with tactics but as least give you an idea of the place.

It looks like a really nice venue and it's a shame I couldn't get the dates

Good luck

Hello mate,

I fished here in 2008,nice venue and well run.

Its a very deep lake with a marginal shelf.I fished it in May and we found it hard going,although the fish were obviously thinking about other things as they started to spawn as we left.

I had 2 runs and banked only the one,26lb mirror.

4 others were on the lake and blanked!! So I thought myself pretty lucky to have had at least one.

I do believe they stocked more fish last year so would presume its a bit easier now,but being such a deep lake,7 acres is more like 21 acres of water with a low stock.

We did see lots of BIG fish,on the shelf on the bank where there are no swims and also in the corner swim(the one away from the lodge)so they are in there but we wernt good enough to have em,lol...

A couple of guys were there the week before us and managed a dozen fish so if you hit it at the right time you will bank a few,but deffo not a runs water,good luck.....b-wink.gif

Fished here year before last. Its a stunning looking lake and the best advice I can give is to listen to Sue and Kev (if he is there) as will help put you on the fish.

The marginal shelf mentioned in previous post is a fantastic stalking opportunity so be prepared to stay a bit mobile as i stalked a few out during the week.

My brother fishing the bottom corner of the lake was put onto the fish by Sue and had a great week with some cracking fish to mid/high 30s. As also mentioned previously more fish were stocked last year. Baitwise Maple and Tigernut did the business.

Also go for the breakfast as it really sets you up for the day. :D

• 3 weeks later...