Which Shireoaks Lake

jbraud

Hi folks.

This one is targetted at those that have a bit of knowledge of Shireoaks nr Worksop.

I've heard many things about this place, about it being good and about it being not so good.

My main question here is which of the 2 lakes should I fish as many people have different stories about stocks in both, namely carp being moved from one to the other etc.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Jon.

Right, will try it next time. So fruit works - something like Richworth Tutti Fruttis then. I've got a bucket of the Nash Monster Carp Pellets in tutti frutti too.

Will try at some point, I've just not had much luck in the past, nor have I seen anything that remotely resembles any fish action.

Ta.

• 1 year later...

I allways fish the top lake. I go over to the other side along the wall. There is a little gap in the willow tree on the island i allways chuck a rod out there and if there is nobody to ur right put one in corner ive had sum really good days up to island. I went once and spodded out first thing in the morning n had around 15 carp including 2 grass and lost a lot more than i landed. If u still fish here give me a pm n we can have a session together if u like?

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt even know this lake existed until i joined this forum a few days ago & i must pass with half a mile of it on a weekly basis.

Kurtis, if you fancy a session send me a PM & we'll try to get something sorted. Ive been fishing on & off for years but im just getting into the world of tripods, bite alarms & boilies etc... so its a learning curve for me at the moment, maybe you could teach me a thing or two.