Narrow parts of the ebro

chadley30

Just wondering, does anybody know of any parts of the ebro that are pretty narrow yet still hold big cats and carp.

Im thinking of going it alone and taking a small rowable dinghy and a bivvy to stay in the swim overnight(without fishing after midnight of course). but need some advise on narrow parts of the river.

Also am i right in thinking that the higher the water levels are the faster it will flow?? or does that depend on whats going on with the damns?

Thanx

• 3 weeks later...

I think you may be frustrated by trying to fish the ebro for the first time on your own. Especially if you try it on the narrow sections. The amount of water coming through the narrow sections is invariably the same as in the wider sections so it will run deeper and faster. This will have an effect on teh fish that inhabit/ feed there, the amount of lead you will need to hold bottom, the debris coming through and wiping out your lines and your loose feed being taken downstream.

There are plenty of big hits to be taken on the segre/ ebro junction in relatively slow water and equally on the top lake where the water is virtually still (and you can find swims with no one around you for miles).

my advise would be to have at least one or two days guided fishing out there. a little local knowledge can make up for 2 or 3 wasted trips on your own.

Thanx for the info, it will help alot.

I have decided to go for a guided few days in a boat with hacienda, they seem very good. then ill hire the boat unguided after that for another few days.

Thier boats have fishfinders/echo sounders too so i will be able to get so much more information in them two days like you say.

Thanx again for the info much appreciated. :D