Carp Lakes to try in Humberside

zebs

zebb i live in the outskirts of hull and the only two lakes i know of are rainbow lake and newbridge, they are both right next to each other and they are in burstwick. i know plenty of ponds but they are the only two lakes i have fished, my mates dixons on here knows plenty more though

zebb i live in the outskirts of hull and the only two lakes i know of are rainbow lake and newbridge, they are both right next to each other and they are in burstwick. i know plenty of ponds but they are the only two lakes i have fished, my mates dixons on here knows plenty more though

As nick has said there you have got rainbow and newbridge in burstwick two very good lakes but we have mainly concentrated on rainbow over the last couple of seasons and it is a notorious "hard" lake and the carp really can do your head in :( but newbridge is the place for a few runs. you have got raker lakes in york a very good day ticket venue well worth a look. As has been metioned you can purchase a hdaa ticket wich i have but look into before you buy because it may not be to your liking night permits etc

If you need anymore info just pm me

All the best

Tom

Right then m8 go along the a180 and come off at barnetby top.(the slip road for the humber bridge road)take the 3rd exit as if you was going into the petrol station but carry on past it the road goes on for about 1/2 mile then goes down a hill at the bottom of the hill there is a junction go right at the junction the immediate left follow that road for about 200 yds and as the road bends round to the right the entrance to the pond is on your left(an 8ft)next to a house.

there are 2 places right next door to each other go to the one on the left that i have pointed out above as the one next door is the guys brother and its not that good apparantly.and on the pond ive said about fish the back pond as that is the carp pond but any queries just ask ken the owner he will put you right.

HTH

Ret

If you want my mobile number drop me a pm.

Hiya M8 i'm going to try that pond out when i'm off next wich will be in a fortnight, If you fancy it and want to see an amateur at work come along anyway let me know my e-mail is alan_ziobry@hotmail.com then we can exchange mobile numbers if you like, i'd like to know about some more waters if you know of any cos as i said i don't know Jack...anyway look forward to hearing from you Cheers zebs

The fishery you want is called Hunters Lodge.

There are 5 ponds but only 3 hold carp.

The 1st pond you come to has carp to 18lb. Popup Corn works well on here with plenty of runs to be had.

The 2nd pond backs on to the 1st and has carp to 16lb and is more a match pond but still good fun on the pole or float rod. Meat works wonders on this pond.

The main carp pond is situated furtherest away from the gate. With carp to over 25lb this a great water for the beginner or the angler who is after alot of fish in a short session. I class this as a top runs water with carp taking a number of baits. Like the other 2 ponds I have always caught on Popup Corn and Meat with the odd take on boilies ( Pineapple Plus catching the most fish )

A Hunters Lodge carp not big but a cracking fish.

10lb 10oz Mirror Caught on Popup Corn from the margin.

10lb10ozElshamMirror30-04-06.jpg

Happy Casting

GC

Guest Anonymous

Recognise that peg opposite the devil tree as i used to call it always used to fish that peg regulary.Did you use to spend a lot of time fishing in the corner peg with the platform sure i recognise your face from there?.You hardly ever used boilies always sweetcorn and flavoured meat?.If not must be someone else that used to go.Simon

• 1 year later...

Sorry i've not been on the site for a few months but with one thing or another then no computer but i'm ok now. Thanks for the info m8 i did go to Elsham and i caught a 10lb carp i'm intending to go again soon but am slowly getting my gear together, i still need a marker rod and spod rod plus a barrow and eventually a bivvy the list is endless and they take time saving up for still as i say i'm getting there...cheers lads ..zebs :D

• 1 year later...