Just a little help

jaxx

At night I would move the rod further away from the snags TBH, the fish are more likely to venture further out of the snag under the cover of darkeness, I dont really think there is a safe way of fishing sideways onto snags when your fast asleep, you need your whits about you, the 5 secs it take for you to wake up and hit the rod the fish could easily of buried its self deep in them

I agree. I also think it takes more then 5 seconds for most of us. Do we really wake on that first beep of the alarm, or just think we do? How can we really be sure?

Agree. I guess it depends on how deeply asleep you are, and how quickly the brain signals reach arms and legs. I doubt if I could claim 5 seconds, rather more I guess.

Another factor is the bivvy door. Zipped? Just dropped? Fully open and rolled up?

Ian

Velcro'd closed, very easy to push open. A windy night will have it off

PLEASE, don't make comments like that. I can think of no end of double entendres to go with it, so I'll just hope the jokes blow over quietly :roll:

When it comes to Snag fishing is this any use:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=28532

PLEASE, don't make comments like that. I can think of no end of double entendres to go with it, so I'll just hope the jokes blow over quietly :roll:

When it comes to Snag fishing is this any use:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=28532

well when you have beans for lunch, sausage and beans for dinner and scrambled egg for breaky. Your just asking for trouble.

And will read up on that thread cheers

One of the advantages of using a twinskin bivvy with extended overwrap is that I never have to close either of the doors. I'm always a long way from the weather, whatever it's doing :)

Ian