Carp lake between Stafford and Cannock?

Does anybody have any info on a lake called Springslade or Hazelslade on the Cannock Road between Cannock and Stafford? Fished there 20 years ago when it was a syndicate water with a mate was very deep with good sized carp and bream. Any info appreciated or any other decent carp waters on a yearly membership in stafford area?Cheers. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,If its the pool im thinking of,its by the hazelslade pub.Not much of size in there,few scraper 20s may have done the mark.Had a ticket bout 8 years ago and fish would come easily off the top to the right rig.There was no night fishing then but may of changed.

Tickets used to be from a lady bout 5 houses before pub as going up hill pool to the left.wulac may be one to look at,but night fishing is banned,lovely water on westen park though,hope this helps

Springslade and Hazelslade are 2 differant lakes, I don`t know much about Hazelslade but I used to fish Springslade, it is just off the A34 near the cross roads for Cannock Chase and the Penkridge turn,

I have no idea who controlls it now, there where some lovely looking Carp in there to about 24lb and also some Chub which would give you screaming runs and take any size bait you put on,

It was a very nice and peaceful lake, round like a Goldfish bowl, as far as I can gather it is not hard to join,

Pop into the tackle shop in Penkridge, the guy who runs it is very friendly and helpful, he will put you in touch,

I believe Hazelslade is a "just turn up and fish" lake, just ask anyone who is fishing,

Cheers Saddler. It is Springslade should ave put the one on the A34 in the first place. Yes its a nice looking pool, used to have a lot of big bream topping in the middle in the summer months, and some nice tench too. Havent a clue on the level of carp sizes or population, but heard there are some decent ones in it.But that was twenty years ago! Thanks for the info, maybe its worth a go! :D

• 1 month later...