the Lift method

beeso

Use a small peacock waggler float with all the shotting load pinched on close to the hook and see when a fish stands on its nose and sucks the bait in, how the float tip 'lifts' . Strike instantly!

Not all bites lift the float. If a fish is moving along the bottom in the opposite direction the float simply sails away.

• Fix the waggler at the bottom with a silicone sleeve. • The shot that's on the bottom should be two to four inches from the hook. But be prepared to adjust either way if hittable bites do not materialise.

float_liftmethod.jpg

Why go with "hooklinks" Beeso - why not just go with the line straight off your spool 8) Or if that's too thick then tie a thinner breaking strain o of about three feet or so :wink:

I normally fish it straight through, not worrying about a Hooklength. If I'm fishing in a snaggy area I will put on a weaker Hooklength so if I get snapped off then the Carp can get rid of it easily.

Incidentally in the Pic it states 3-6lb line, please increase this for the sake of Carp to 6lb minimum dependant on Carp Size you are fishing for!