furnace lake tips- roman lake

00aquinn

Hi mate,

The tips are get there early (7am) so you can get a peg as it was full when i went down last thursday and we arrived at 7.20am, got beaten by 6 anglers!!!!

Anyway your best off fishing the right hand side as you go up the bank as this is where the deepest water is (about 9-10ft all the way up). There are also deep holes on the left side of the lake just up from the cabin. Basically avoid the bottom and top ends and stick to the sides.

I fished Kiln when roman was full, but the baliff said a 70lb cat came out from roman that night.

The cats love BIG halibut pellets so dont be afraid to put 3 or 4 on your cat link.

• 6 months later...

if your going to fish roman try for peg 11 you will have some reeds to your left ,, if you walk around the edge of the lake going toward swim 12 following the reed line you can see a entry point in to the reeds where the carp enter them ..... myself and a few others always have caught good sized fish from this spot also towards the island on he corner is a good spot but becarful as their is old lilly roots their 2 but also good spot. ... for cats we fished 3 swims down from the hut on roman their is a deep hole where i have seen a 50lb cat caught from on a bit bit of meat. I have tried zigs on here as they work wel on the other lakes their but not been to successful on this lake.