first french fishing trip

huffsworld

Hi all i am off to france for my first french fishing trip and was just after some advice. tips heads up. handy things to know about or be weary off.

i have very little info i know that my lake i will be fishing allows night fishing but do we need to get a special license. what baits can we take on the ferry without breaking any rules.

i know about driving in france and about having hiviz and a red warning triangle is there anything else i need to know

is the lake french run or english?

if you have not alreayd booked up on the lake then you may need to buy a permit, have you no contact details of the lake at all?

Doing your homework and getting as much info as possible before going is a massive help and half the battle is won.

I like to find out teh following:

size of lake, depths, swims, hot swims, length of lake, bait bans, rules, bait that works well, hot periods.

all of these factors ensure that when i get to the lake I already know what rigs i will use and the bait so its just a matter fishing well.

If you don;t know anything then you wnat to take a large selection of bait to cover all areas, boillies fish and fruit, particlesm trouts, maize, tigers then you have the weapons at you disposal. The same goes for tackle and rigs, take a selection, if its weedy may need to use chods, if gravel then stiff rigs could be worth a go etc...

can take baits on ferry, they use a toll service on motorways so make sure you have euros for these.

also they work out your speed by the time you hit each toll so be careful!!

make sure you have fun though and treat it as a holiday, if teh fishing gets too tough have a break and explore the local bars!!

hope that helps.

Ben